My Old Skool Cassettes

dj2fresh

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2018
Thanks, the blank TDK is a 90 minute cassette packed with Break Dance, Electro, Italio Disco, Etc. I'm going to switch it out with a 120 Minute Cassette and pack some more on it. I'll post the play list when I re-record it.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Northerner said:
Nice selection!
I agree. For a small collection it's an interesting variety and there are some albums there that could be quite scarce or difficult to replace these days. I have all may cassettes organised into genre/style etc. with shelves, drawers, cases and so on dedicated to musical styles such as Rock, Country, Easy Listening, Classical, Opera etc., etc. and here's a case for my Motown & Soul type music:

DSCF4273.jpg

dj2fresh

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2018
Hajidub said:
That Nucleus, Kraftwerk, and Bambatta are worth a pretty penny! Thanks for sharing.
Yeah one of my favs is Alexander Robotnik - Fuzz Dance

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Nice little collection youve got there. A small note of caution when it comes to 120 min.cassette tapes. They are super long and thin and thus are prone to breakage. Also being as there is so much of it,its also very heavy and can be taxing to the motors in our beloved vintage boxes. So I recommend using either a C60 or C90 min.tape to be on the safe side. A nice tape length is a 74min tape too. Sony CD-IT 74's are great for boomboxes. They can be had for relatively cheap compared to other high bias(type II)tapes. As well as Maxell UD-II 74's. Hope this helps you out. Of course this is just my two cents worth. Have a good one!😃😃😃

dj2fresh

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2018
ralrein1 said:
Nice little collection youve got there. A small note of caution when it comes to 120 min.cassette tapes. They are super long and thin and thus are prone to breakage. Also being as there is so much of it,its also very heavy and can be taxing to the motors in our beloved vintage boxes. So I recommend using either a C60 or C90 min.tape to be on the safe side. A nice tape length is a 74min tape too. Sony CD-IT 74's are great for boomboxes. They can be had for relatively cheap compared to other high bias(type II)tapes. As well as Maxell UD-II 74's. Hope this helps you out. Of course this is just my two cents worth. Have a good one!
Thanks for the advice, I was reading up on cassette media technology recently and learned the same. I will shy away from the 120M cassettes. I found this site that goes into depth about the technology behind cassettes. :w00t: https://tapetardis.wordpress.com

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
I need more racks for my tapes, but I can't find the Napa racks in my thrift stores any more. The one furthest right is, by itself, is all rap (which I have to mention rap cassettes are worth a fortune right now).

Attachments

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
I need more racks for my tapes, but I can't find the Napa racks in my thrift stores any more. The one furthest right is, by itself, is all rap (which I have to mention rap cassettes are worth a fortune right now).
lol