• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 donahuest

donahuest
  • Members (SA)
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:34 AM

Hello. I’m stuck and before I rip my hair out thought I would try you guys first. I cleaned and put new belts (wasn’t sure on size so just stuck a couple on that were snug). It will rew and ff no problem and will play for a few seconds but take up wheel isn’t turning during play. It turns no problem with ff. I haven’t got the belt to tape counter working cause I can’t see where that belt goes to but I don’t care about that now just want it to play at this point, unless somehow that is contibuting to the problem. Any help would be appreciated.🤯😡. I will try and post video

The Mariah Carey tape is just so I don’t ruin a good one btw. lol

#2 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,986 posts
  • LocationHudson Florida

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

Most likely you need to check the take up reel. There should be a tire running it and most likely it needs cleaning or replacement. It hard to see in video but you may need to take some of parts off to get to it. Aiwas are complicated!!!

#3 donahuest

donahuest
  • Members (SA)
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

Thanks badboybill. I’ll try to see if I can get in there with some swabs. Here is a picture.Attached File  F2DE1158-E0C8-488A-A4E1-D48373CC5289.jpeg   86.42K   5 downloads

#4 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,986 posts
  • LocationHudson Florida

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:56 PM

Thanks badboybill. I’ll try to see if I can get in there with some swabs. Here is a picture. F2DE1158-E0C8-488A-A4E1-D48373CC5289.jpeg

Something else I noticed is if you had belt residue on pulleys due to disintegrated belts you really need to clean everything up good swabs and rubbing alcohol and I would clean old grease and put fresh so everything moves more freely ;-)

#5 donahuest

donahuest
  • Members (SA)
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:17 AM

I’ll give it another cleaning and retry. Thanks again.