Sanyo Dynmic Sound 3500

sammyriver

Member (SA)
Dec 22, 2012
Decatur Ga. USA
Hey Guys, I just picked this up from a flea market here in Georgia (USA) for the price of a cheap case of beer !!

everything works, am/fm, cassette, perfect antenna etc.

I am posting the pix before I clean it up.

$ 20 score !!

IMG_7077.JPGIMG_7078.JPGIMG_7079.JPG

PostEnder

Member (SA)
Nov 21, 2012
Southeastern U.S.A.
Hmm ... rather intense speaker-grille perforations on that Sanyo. In fact, that issue -- over-intense speaker grilles -- is one of the first messages, if not the first message, that I posted here on BoomBoxery back in 2012. :blush:

Personally, it's reminiscent of the less lovely models (across various brands) from the mid-'70s.

Yes, shortwave (SW) tuning might not be very popular here in the United States (except perhaps for listeners to Cuba Libre and evangelical radio). But seeing those extra bands in the 2 MHz to 20+ MHz range can stir a sense of connectedness in the handler. (And a willingness to "[put] up with the medium's obvious shortcomings": heavy static, inconvenient listening times, personally indecipherable languages, etc.")

On the other hand, sir, the two-sided speaker grilles are atypical and, thus, notable. (Almost like a different colour of the model LOL)

And the tape-deck door looks kind of cool to dovetail like that with the front grille.

And those pungent speaker perforations should allow you (if not help you) to clean the unit up pretty well after you take it apart.

(Hope you find that FAST FORWARD button.)

------------

I GOT MY EYE ON YOU ...

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
THats a great score for 20 bucks, love these and that tuner dial is awesome, cant wait to see the clean up pics mate.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
At first glance this unit looks.....well, 'strange' or just plain 'odd' to say the least but therein lies it's beauty. Giving any item a unique look in a market awash with competition can be challenging at the best of times but not conforming with contemporary thought patterns while throwing the usual aesthetics out of the window would seem a bit of a gamble if this was the end result - but, for reasons I can't explain, it works for me so I'd give it a 10/10. I'd also give a 10/10 and an approving pat-on-the-back to sammyriver for doing the decent thing by saving this icon of it's time. :yes: :rock: