Removing front metal faceplate

Proutpouel

Member (SA)
Apr 27, 2016
Would anyone have a good tip as to best way of removing the whole front metal faceplate? I was thinking of just leave the front side in a hot bath tub and see if the water could be able to go behind the faceplate and unglue it. I found out its all one single piece, and this thing can be bent for life without any effort. Thank you !!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Heat gun would help! Be careful not to go over say 60C. Keep it around 55C and check the surface temperature with a laser thermometer while evenly heating it up. The adhesive will soften and panel should come off. Hard to know plastic deflection temperature of the plastic type used there unless we check it on an old box of the same kind. Anything over the plastic deflection temperature would distort the plastic.

Proutpouel

Member (SA)
Apr 27, 2016
I'm writing this while in the process of taking it off. I just cant believe how the glue still hold on to this thing!! Maybe lighter fluid could help it?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Proutpouel said:
I'm writing this while in the process of taking it off. I just cant believe how the glue still hold on to this thing!! Maybe lighter fluid could help it?
. DON’T use lighter fluid. It will dissolve the paint and plastic.