8 replies to this topic

#1 Temerenomine

Temerenomine
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSkelmersdale UK

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:19 PM

Hi guys!

I'm a proud owner of this bad boy Sharp VZ2000, but sadly the plastic is broken.

So I'm looking for a replacement, it can be 3d clear resin print or if its the original glass I will buy it even if it's scratched. 

If no one can help with the part ill be happy if someone can share/make a cad file so I can order a 3d print.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Attached File  boom 2.jpg   58.76K   5 downloads

#2 Temerenomine

Temerenomine
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

By the way is there a chance that the VZ3500 dust cover will fit? They look much alike on the photos.

Anyone tried to do it?

#3 pete

pete
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSalem,Oregon

Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:04 PM

I would honestly find someone or maybe yourself and  cut along the edges and and glue that piece onto a new clear piece of plastic that will replace the broken   piece.  Maybe it can be cut by a cnc with measured g-code.  I  think adding the edge piece no one would really notice.  And by the way,  have you ever taken the chrome center piece off so you can get to the tone arm on side B.  That is a big piece to 3d print and I'm not quite sure if it would be transparent .  You could also cut along the edges and glue a piece over the top or use nuts and screws like the original is (also like the cassette deck screws).  Yeah it would protrude out a bit, but I bet no one would notice.

#4 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,991 posts
  • LocationHudson Florida

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:13 AM

Hey welcome brother. You purchased this unit from me off eBay I believe. Hope you like it. Let me know you never left feedback. Also as far as plastic cover you may want to keep eyes on eBay as parts for these come up often. Good luck!!!

#5 Temerenomine

Temerenomine
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:38 AM

Hey welcome brother. You purchased this unit from me off eBay I believe. Hope you like it. Let me know you never left feedback. Also as far as plastic cover you may want to keep eyes on eBay as parts for these come up often. Good luck!!!

nope, i bought it in the UK from a woman

#6 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,991 posts
  • LocationHudson Florida

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:26 AM

Wow sorry the one I sold had crack in exactly same spot!!! Good luck!!!

#7 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:05 PM

So both of you had the same crack?  :w00t:  :lol:  :lol:

#8 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,991 posts
  • LocationHudson Florida

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:11 PM

So both of you had the same crack?  :w00t:  :lol:  :lol:

I guess so. Lol!!!Attached File  35CA9F29-A596-4A81-9E66-5D0BF7BEF394.jpeg   94.43K   3 downloads

#9 Temerenomine

Temerenomine
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:54 AM

damn, what a coincidence lol