Hello From the UK

Temerenomine

Member (SA)
Dec 2, 2018
Skelmersdale UK
Hi there!
My name is Wojciech and I live in the not so sunny UK, in a small town called Skelmersdale.
I made an account here because I bought some vintage equipment over the last year and I was like ''ok ill fix it next...'' and didn't do anything with them... now I decided that its a shame that those vinyl player boomboxes are in the closet instead of playing music and I want to fix them so tats why I'm here :yes:
I don't want to spam the forum so I promise I'll try to use the search function as good as I can, all I'm asking for is advice and understanding :angelic:
Because my boomboxes are old I will be looking for parts and spares for sure.
O, and I'm not a native speaker so please forgive me for butchering the English language.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Hello and welcome to this wonderful forum, Wojciech! :hi:

Your first post is interesting, it also feels warm, considerate & thoughtful so I think you'll find some nice company here - and Your English is very good for a Yorkshireman! :-D I've also been guilty of accumulating audio items faster than I've been able to fix so I can understand this.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Welcome Woj, great first post and intro. You will find lots of useful info here, what boxes are you looking to fix?

Temerenomine

Member (SA)
Dec 2, 2018
Skelmersdale UK
Northerner said:
You’ll fit in well here! Welcome and let’s see what we can do to help :-)
lupogtiboy said:
Hello and welcome! Everyone here has been very warm and kind to me so far, so I'm sure you'll get on just fine!
Hi Guys, thanks for the welcoming! I don't remember when was the last time when I started a tread on a forum and was treated like this instead of being called a ''newfag'' you guys a shocking me with how polite and well behaved you are.

T-STER said:
Welcome Woj, great first post and intro. You will find lots of useful info here, what boxes are you looking to fix?
I'm a VZ nerd I'm planning to renovate a VZ 2000, VZ 3000 and a Panasonic SG-J500L turntable boombox, this is going to be a long journey and I hope to get advice and mentoring support.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
There’s a lot of love on this forum (only the odd fight lol) and new people are always welcome. If we can help get your radios booming again we will! :-)

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Temerenomine said:
I'm a VZ nerd I'm planning to renovate a VZ 2000, VZ 3000 and a Panasonic SG-J500L turntable boombox,.............................
I like turntable boxes although I only have one model, the Panasonic SG-J600L and there are pics Here and pics HERE. Although the colour of mine is Black, I would like to find one of these in other colours if such a thing exists.

Temerenomine

Member (SA)
Dec 2, 2018
Skelmersdale UK
MyOhMy said:
I'm a VZ nerd I'm planning to renovate a VZ 2000, VZ 3000 and a Panasonic SG-J500L turntable boombox,.............................
I like turntable boxes although I only have one model, the Panasonic SG-J600L
Those have the same turntable setup, please tell me how did you balance the tone arm, because my has like over 6 grams of tracking force and it destroys vinyl records.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard, don’t be afraid to ask questions, if someone knows the answer they’ll post it up for you.
Good luck and enjoy the first play after your fixes!!!