Sharp WQ-T204(BK) belt? help!

KaneDom

Dec 2, 2018
Hello everyone my name is Kane, and nice to meet you.

I need some help on restoring my old Sharp WQ-T204(BK) cassette recorder.

After ordering a pack of random mixed belts, I found one that is working but it’s not that flat enough and slips off the capstan reel, after playing tapes for a few minutes. And unfortunatley I have to reopen the machine and place the belt back in place.

Any help on finding a suitable replacement belt would be appreciated.

Here is the machine:
(image found on google, I have the exact same model)

Mechanism on the inside:

Here is the working belt size, but its the one I ordered and its not that flat enough :C.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Hiya and welcome to the forum.

You don't say how or where you obtained the 'not flat enough' belts, do the same (search?) but with 'flat' in your search term. Belt profiles can be round, square or flat for different applications and/or models.

KaneDom

Dec 2, 2018
baddboybill said:
You need to get a flat belt in order for it to work. The square belt will not work!!!
I know. I need to find a flat one. Any help? I have no idea what's the exact size of the belt.

MyOhMy said:
Hiya and welcome to the forum.

You don't say how or where you obtained the 'not flat enough' belts, do the same (search?) but with 'flat' in your search term. Belt profiles can be round, square or flat for different applications and/or models.
I got them out of Bangood.com.

50pcs 40-130mm Mix Cassette Tape Machine Belt Assorted Common Belt kit.

KaneDom

Dec 2, 2018
So i measured up the belt and its (12.5 cm length) and 5 mm (0.5 cm width). Any idea on finding a suitable one?