Help: Can you help me identify this long-lost boombox?

Salvathore

Dec 1, 2018
Hello from Italy everybody!

I truly admire your passion for the amazing ghettoblaster/boombox world!

I’m asking your precious help because I can’t identify this specific boombox, even though i tried searching lots and lots of brands/models
I think it could be a Sanyo, but still, cant find the same exact model

The only photo that I got is this old (February 1993) blurry screencaps from an old family video.
The speakers were both removable!
My parents bought it in the 80s, in Naples, Italy.
I would love to find it because my parents lost it in a fire years ago, and it was really special for them..

Thank you for your time, I really hope you can help me! It would mean the world to me

B04AD905-27FC-4F7F-9839-014AC2127D79.jpeg
FA9CCCF5-1047-4E90-AA3A-14047DF6D8B2.jpeg

Attachments

Salvathore

Dec 1, 2018
Thank you for your reply, Styleking but this one is much wider than the Sanyo c3
I think it could carry two cassettes at a time :/

Styleking

Member (SA)
Mar 16, 2011
Boston, MA.
No worries. Here’s a few things to keep in mind; most cassette doors are 5 inches long. Most Sanyo deck controls are underneath the deck. I’m not aware of any slot deck Sanyos? I could be wrong. A quick estimate on the length of your box is about 20 -22 inches, a 5 inch tape deck, two six inch speakers and some room to the right of the tape deck which from the looks of it is another 5 inches (there doesn’t appear to be deck controls to the right of the deck and you can clearly see led’s where a second deck would be). I believe you’re model will be a C or W model. The tweeters look like they’re behind a round grill which is most likely a C series. Check out the C-5 or C-7 and see if that’s what you’re looking for.

Salvathore

Dec 1, 2018
Thank you Transistorized!
At this point, I dont think its a Sanyo, the Sears ones have something similar, but cant find the exact model, plus I dont think they were sold in Italy

I think those speakers are the key, it seems that not many models/brands have those speakers grids shapes

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Well don't give up. While it may not be a typical model that's well known, at least it makes this hunt more interesting.

When I did a google search of Sears, Sanyo, etc. a photo came up that looked identical to the image of your box however, it was the same thing as far as no close up for branding or mention of model

I found that one photo. Still have no clue what it is.

https://goo.gl/images/bHLMvk

Salvathore

Dec 1, 2018
Yes, this hunt is becoming more and more interesting
Anyway, that boombox in the b&w photo that you found is the Sanyo C-1 !

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Thanks, yeah I did a lot of digging as well! I focused on those tweeters, and the three knobs along the very top, those two features were unique enough to make scanning images go quick.

After looking at compos for all the usual brands I started to try some specific to Europe.
I started with Telefunken and noticed the tweeters on the Party Center 1000/2000 looked similar. From there I saw that the Schmid MC2000 looked similar there also. Then at some point looking through those, I ended up on a Pulser CTPR-1264. It had the same tweeter style so I did a Google image search for Pulser boombox, and there it was a few pages down!

Pulser is a brand owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, they sold off-brand boomboxes I guess. The model in the pic has darker paint to the right of the tape deck, so perhaps the actual model the OP had is actually another AKA of the Pulser made for Europe.

Salvathore

Dec 1, 2018
Thank you so much caution and everyone who helped me!!
My parents confirmed the model!
Merry christmas from Italy! ☺️☺️☺️

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Glad to have helped!
I think it's actually the Blaupunkt version. See the difference in the mic grills below, as well as the darker tuner region.

Pulser:

Blaupunkt:

Salvathore

Dec 1, 2018
Yes! It’s totally the Blaupunkt one!
I remember those blu parts on the speakers (before throwing it away, my parents gave me the speakers for my pc when I was 11 😅

I’m trying to find it online but still nothing :/

Thank you so much, again🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😁😁😁

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
The best I could do was that it starts with CSC. It looks similar to this Blaupunkt, it says CSC-40F on the back of it. I found it on a want-ad somewhere without a description and those two pics.