• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TechnicsDan82

TechnicsDan82
  • Members (SA)
  • 104 posts
  • Locationwales cardigan

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:08 PM

Enjoying the lovely warm sound of my (Beltek C-1600) 8Track recorder/player it is a 1970s player from india its clunky chunky rough & ready with broken meters but still plays & records fantastic ! it is going through my new pioneer SA-708 amplifier from my pal (RENO) !!!! with my new celestion F30 floorstanding speakers ! fairplay the hassel of repairing the 8Track carts and re-foaming them all is so worth it lol . Attached File  P1040238.JPG   94.14K   4 downloadsAttached File  P1040236.JPG   63.52K   9 downloadsAttached File  P1040237.JPG   98.72K   9 downloads

#2 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,165 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:37 PM

Now thats a cool looking set up!

#3 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:05 PM

I remember a friend in the 70's showing me his exciting new 8 Track player and, although I didn't see much of it at the time, I seem to remember that not too many other people I knew owned such a thing.  Personally, I've recently felt somewhat inclined to acquire one of the machines but I can't figure out why other than being a bit curious I suppose I'm suffering from Nostalgii Maximus in my old age!

#4 Rimmer36

Rimmer36
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:31 PM

dan lad, tell me the model no of that pioneer i gave you, i can't remember lol

i love my pioneer best amp iv had in a long time

#5 TechnicsDan82

TechnicsDan82
  • Members (SA)
  • 104 posts
  • Locationwales cardigan

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:41 PM

I remember a friend in the 70's showing me his exciting new 8 Track player and, although I didn't see much of it at the time, I seem to remember that not too many other people I knew owned such a thing.  Personally, I've recently felt somewhat inclined to acquire one of the machines but I can't figure out why other than being a bit curious I suppose I'm suffering from Nostalgii Maximus in my old age!

id buy one ! you can pick up a standard one for around £10 online ! tip buy the carts from the U.S ! they are always in great condition ! most UK carts need repair and the foam pads replacing ! But it is worth it i really like mine i have two of them a Beltek C-1600 Recorder/player & a Wien BTD3 player . The wien BTD3 player i had for £10 on Ebay and fairplay it does sound great and is very basic

Reno Reno Reno !!!!!!!!!!!!! its a pioneer SA-708

#6 Rimmer36

Rimmer36
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

id buy one ! you can pick up a standard one for around £10 online ! tip buy the carts from the U.S ! they are always in great condition ! most UK carts need repair and the foam pads replacing ! But it is worth it i really like mine i have two of them a Beltek C-1600 Recorder/player & a Wien BTD3 player . The wien BTD3 player i had for £10 on Ebay and fairplay it does sound great and is very basic

thank you lad :cool:

#7 TechnicsDan82

TechnicsDan82
  • Members (SA)
  • 104 posts
  • Locationwales cardigan

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:45 PM

thank you lad :cool:

im listening to a band called Tribal Seeds check them out ! the album is called Representing

#8 Transistorized

Transistorized
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

Noticed the Journey tape :-)

#9 TechnicsDan82

TechnicsDan82
  • Members (SA)
  • 104 posts
  • Locationwales cardigan

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:05 AM

Noticed the Journey tape :-)

has to be done there are two journey carts !

#10 Coast Steve

Coast Steve
  • Members (SA)
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast BC Canada

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:08 PM

I was rockin the 8 tracks but ll mine seem to have the tape breaking

#11 donahuest

donahuest
  • Members (SA)
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:42 AM

Yeah the tapes seem to always break when the get to the metal part connecting tape together. Just open the tape and tape it back together with scotch tape, o e done this to countless 8tracks. Just be sure to leave the metal peice or you’ll have to switch tracks manually

#12 TechnicsDan82

TechnicsDan82
  • Members (SA)
  • 104 posts
  • Locationwales cardigan

Posted 24 December 2018 - 01:23 PM

yeah me and my mrs had to restore all of our 8 track collection splice & re-foam propper pain in the ass but worth it for sure !

#13 Transistorized

Transistorized
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

I remember as a kid looking out the window of our 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S at the endless glimmering shine of the sun beaming against the 8-track tapes where people had gotten frustrated and tossed their tape out the car window...lol.

#14 MesaAZGuy

MesaAZGuy
  • Members (SA)
  • 330 posts
  • LocationEast Mesa Arizona Witness Protection Program

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:53 PM

Cool setup! I too remember seeing miles and miles of 8-track tape on the road as a kid. Ironically, I bought a fisher 8-track recorder from eBay to make tapes for my once owned 1970 Triumph TR6. I also have a small portable mono 8-track radio. Need to post a pic of that bad boy. Still works great!

#15 Foreverlo

Foreverlo
  • Members (SA)
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:23 PM

I'm also diggin' those 8 track tapes you've got sitting there.   Especially that very clean looking Black Sabbath tape.  I've got an 8 track player all set up and ready to go (mostly because it cost me three dollars) but the only 8 track cartridges I can find are country and they usually look like they spent three years on the dash of a pinto in Florida, four years in the bed of an El Camino in North Dakota, and at least a few days under water.  Based on its rarity in that condition that Sabbath tape must be worth a half million dollars!

#16 TechnicsDan82

TechnicsDan82
  • Members (SA)
  • 104 posts
  • Locationwales cardigan

Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:19 AM

you can repair them its just a pain to get them open and not spill the tape ! but yeah just spice the tape and stick it back together with the reel to reel tape sticky sliver backing

I'm also diggin' those 8 track tapes you've got sitting there.   Especially that very clean looking Black Sabbath tape.  I've got an 8 track player all set up and ready to go (mostly because it cost me three dollars) but the only 8 track cartridges I can find are country and they usually look like they spent three years on the dash of a pinto in Florida, four years in the bed of an El Camino in North Dakota, and at least a few days under water.  Based on its rarity in that condition that Sabbath tape must be worth a half million dolllers

fairplay yeah i found it hard to get good 8-track tapes over here in the uk ! so funny enough i bought aload from the states lol ! i think its a case of keeping your eyes open and look out for garage sales flea markets i think you guys call them ? goodwill stores ? mostly Ebay . i have a lot of old rock 8-tracks and motown , country , soul , disco . il put some photos up later !

#17 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,165 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:31 AM

I just inherited 4 huge boxes of 8 track tapes, lots of classics!

#18 TechnicsDan82

TechnicsDan82
  • Members (SA)
  • 104 posts
  • Locationwales cardigan

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

I just inherited 4 huge boxes of 8 track tapes, lots of classics!

nice fairplay ! put some pics up ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beltek, pioneer, Thorn, Ferguson