Bumpboxx Boombox has landed in Europe.

Bumpboxx Europe

Member (SA)
Nov 10, 2018
Hey Boomboxery.
Long time Lurker, (on a new account though now) but first time Poster.

Many of you might be familiar with David from Southern California and his affiliation with the Bumpboxx brand. Because of him Bumpboxx USA has been able to brush shoulders with some awesome O.G.'s in the game, and further promote the brand. Thank you for the shameless plug.

If you haven't heard, we've created a modern boom box with a touch of the retro style. Some boast we are among the loudest battery powered stereos on the market and Bumpboxx USA has had some amazing success since it's inception a few years ago.

As a result, I've decided to take a chance and come to Europe to become an independent distributor. We are based in Netherlands and currently only have V3S units in stock and we can ship to just about anywhere in Europe.

Our V3S is a beast of a unit. Two 10" woofers, 4" horns, 440 watts of max power + a ton of functions and benefits.

I'm humbly asking for your support, any leads to people in the industry, contacts to enthusiasts, artists or influencors who would be interested in co promoting.

I also would like to give a special discount to anyone from the Boomboxery forum who is interested in purchasing a unit for personal use. Please feel free to reach out to me if you're interested. Our website (not entirely finished) is www.bumpboxx.eu and our facebook page is www.facebook.com/bumpboxxeu

Thanks guys and I hope to hear from some of you. Feel free to email me with any recommendations, leads, or general questions. Steven@bumpboxx.com

Attachments

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Yeah....I was sitting back and watching to see how this post was going to go when I saw it...although I am sure up until he searches through the site, it was never known about.

Bumpboxx Europe

Member (SA)
Nov 10, 2018
I appreciate you guys commenting, and I appreciate the sincerity. I love all the boombox enthusiasts here and the community you guys have built.

Hisrudeness said:
Post should go in the Bluetooth section?
I asked David (boomboxJunkie) where was the best place to post this and he suggested this section. Please forgive me if it's not in the appropriate place.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
I can appreciate any boombox enthusiast. Please don't take any negatives above personally (although justified and understandable). It's obviously not your fault. As others have stated (by those on here who were directly affected by the companies decisions) "no need to fault the equipment or people that own one". Before all of this went down I had gotten the first model they released. Still have it. The first generation Freestyle. I paid full price for it at the time so, while I don't intend to purchase another, I do plan to get my moneys worth out of it. When it goes out I'll take it in my own direction and make it stereo.

I got it just before Christmas a few years ago and pissed off my neighbors royally.....still going on the original battery.

Christmas pic a few years ago stacked up against two true vintage boomboxes :-)

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31350]

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Bumpboxx Europe said:
I appreciate you guys commenting, and I appreciate the sincerity. I love all the boombox enthusiasts here and the community you guys have built.

Post should go in the Bluetooth section?
I asked David (boomboxJunkie) where was the best place to post this and he suggested this section. Please forgive me if it's not in the appropriate place.
No problem, an administrator will eventually move it to the right place.

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
Bumpboxx Europe said:
[...] I'm humbly asking for your support, any leads to people in the industry [...]

[...] I appreciate you guys commenting, and I appreciate the sincerity [...]
I have never been attracted by the bumpboxx, from the name (why boxx?) to the design -- basically, the net where the tapedeck should be, the ready-made woofer/tweeter decorations, the too square briefcase shape, the size, the handle, the color range, the typeface used in the logo.

Otherwise the box is OK, although there is something to be said for the mono/simulated stereo technical features of the models and a bunch of technical issues that have been pointed out in various thread on this site.

Of course the above is my opinion. But I am fully entitled to it, if somebody promoting an industrial product on a site like Boomboxery is after sincere comments.

Sincerity comes at a price though, it may hurt. My two cents on the whole thread:

1) Doing some free advertising with the second post ever makes admiration for the community suspect. The community is more likely seen as one of potential buyers -- see the offer of nonspecified special discounts to its members.

2) Asking for "any leads to people in the industry, contacts to enthusiasts, artists or influencors who would be interested in co promoting" is way more than "humbly asking for support". It is asking for the job any companiy should do before moving into a new market.

I realize that I have been too harsh a critic. I just can't help, I write professional reviews for a living, and I am usually severe. I wish to end my post on a more positive note with my sincere wish for a successful sale of the bumpboxx in Europe.

Bumpboxx Europe

Member (SA)
Nov 10, 2018
samovar said:
[...] I'm humbly asking for your support, any leads to people in the industry [...]

I have never been attracted by the bumpboxx, from the name (why boxx?) to the design -- basically, the net where the tapedeck should be, the ready-made woofer/tweeter decorations, the too square briefcase shape, the size, the handle, the color range, the typeface used in the logo.

Otherwise the box is OK, although there is something to be said for the mono/simulated stereo technical features of the models and a bunch of technical issues that have been pointed out in various thread on this site.

Of course the above is my opinion. But I am fully entitled to it, if somebody promoting an industrial product on a site like Boomboxery is after sincere comments.

Sincerity comes at a price though, it may hurt. My two cents on the whole thread:

1) Doing some free advertising with the second post ever makes admiration for the community suspect. The community is more likely seen as one of potential buyers -- see the offer of nonspecified special discounts to its members.

2) Asking for "any leads to people in the industry, contacts to enthusiasts, artists or influencors who would be interested in co promoting" is way more than "humbly asking for support". It is asking for the job any companiy should do before moving into a new market.

I realize that I have been too harsh a critic. I just can't help, I write professional reviews for a living, and I am usually severe. I wish to end my post on a more positive note with my sincere wish for a successful sale of the bumpboxx in Europe.

Yes, your criticism are a bit harsh but I believe they are needed for me to reconsider the way I approach communities like this in the future. I'm no spring chicken but I still have a lot to learn.

As much of research, handshaking and rapport building as a small team can do, I always welcome opportunities to meet new people and try to work together in mutually beneficial relationships, so I'll argue your second point. (at least for me ego's sake) but I do appreciate your well wishes.

Do you write for a specific industry? I'd love to check out a few of your pieces if you care to share a link or website. If you don't want to share, I understand.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
@Bumpboxx Europe,

no offence to you, your obviously unaware of this forums previous experience with Bumpboxx and the way they conduct business. Same goes for BoomboxJunkie who has repeatedly and very publicly denounced Bumpboxx only to work with them again and again.

Feel free to bring yourself up to speed

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/28406-bumpboxx-renounces-partnerships-with-some/

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/27918-noob-with-a-bumpboxx-uprock-v1-general-questions-for-anyone-with-one/

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/28407-bumpboxx/

Bumpboxx Europe

Member (SA)
Nov 10, 2018
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
@Bumpboxx Europe,

no offence to you, your obviously unaware of this forums previous experience with Bumpboxx and the way they conduct business. Same goes for BoomboxJunkie who has repeatedly and very publicly denounced Bumpboxx only to work with them again and again.

Feel free to bring yourself up to speed

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/28406-bumpboxx-renounces-partnerships-with-some/

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/27918-noob-with-a-bumpboxx-uprock-v1-general-questions-for-anyone-with-one/

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/28407-bumpboxx/
Yes, I was unaware. I am an independent distributor so I can't speak for how they operate in USA. I appreciate you citing the articles and this definitely gives me examples to learn from. Thank you.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
I've given little thought to the Bumpboxx and it's issues, record and commentators other than the fact I have no liking for the box therefore considered any input from myself to be unproductive as I do not own a Boomboxx. Moreover, I feel particularly disgusted by the way that good, decent folk on this forum have been treated by the Boomboxx company and it's staff or representatives and this has left an unsavoury taste in my mouth.

So, with regard to the op, all I can say would echo every unfavourable comment and suspicion already mentioned by other members so far. I was quite shocked to read the op given all that has happened to date with the treatment of forum members and, from a personal perspective, if I had behaved in such a manner as the Boombox company had, I wouldn't have the nerve to come back to blatantly promote my product here - it's defies all that can be called decent behaviour.

Whilst not every employee, staff member or representative of the Boomboxx company and/or brand can be held responsible, any such person portrays a level of ignorance by not checking the forum and regarding the feedback of this product. All I see is the op being designed to further advertise and promote the product - which is not the purpose of this forum - but all this has done for me is to strengthen my views on this matter.

Superduper

Member (SA)
A good product sells itself. Through personal testament, happy individuals will gladly promote a product to the point where potential customers will search out a source to buy from. If a product needs a selling campaign in order to generate sales, then it is usually NOT one of those products that can be considered within that category. You've already seen the threads and reviews and complaints. Social media sites like this will probably not be your best friend. We already know about Bumpboxx. We know what it is. We know if we want one. Why in the world would anyone want to help promote a product, any product, unless they were head over heels about the product, or the company (wish to help them succeed), or will getting some benefit from it. Again, referring back to the threads which you stated you already are aware of, reconcile those threads with the previous sentence and think about it for a bit.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
You will find mixed opinions on the Bumpboxx on here which is absolutely what you’d expect. Some of us are purists, some of us love anything that makes noise...each to their own as that’s human nature and what makes hobbies such as this fun.

Bumpboxx as a US company have dumped all over one particular forum member who is well loved on here and that reason alone is enough for most of us, including me, to hate them as a company.

Yes you should’ve checked out the forum a bit more to find out the history of the company on here.

But you would appear to an independent distributor so not actually responsible for Bumpboxx’s past behaviour. As such I wish you luck and hope it goes well for you. I’ve no suggestion as to how you could fix Bumpboxx’s reputation on here because I don’t think it can be done I’m afraid.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
I'm glad I waited until sober to post as my response last night would of been much worse.

I have no time for Bumpboxx, I would never endorse their products or business, i would not accept one given for free.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Having discussed being a distributor with them many many months ago, unfortunately I have nothing good to say about it or their behaviour towards other members. Eventually all the badness will either be said or resolved...

Bumpboxx Europe

Member (SA)
Nov 10, 2018
Northerner said:
You will find mixed opinions on the Bumpboxx on here which is absolutely what you’d expect. Some of us are purists, some of us love anything that makes noise...each to their own as that’s human nature and what makes hobbies such as this fun.

Bumpboxx as a US company have dumped all over one particular forum member who is well loved on here and that reason alone is enough for most of us, including me, to hate them as a company.

Yes you should’ve checked out the forum a bit more to find out the history of the company on here.

But you would appear to an independent distributor so not actually responsible for Bumpboxx’s past behaviour. As such I wish you luck and hope it goes well for you. I’ve no suggestion as to how you could fix Bumpboxx’s reputation on here because I don’t think it can be done I’m afraid.
Yea, I no idea about the history of this community and Bumpboxx USA or I definitely would of stayed away, and I would be stupid to poke the bear for a shameless plug. It's my fault for not researching deeper into that relationship. All I can do is try to my best to represent my brand here in Europe the best I can, and avoid the mistakes they have made. I hope I didn't offend anyone, and the threads mentioned were good to read to learn from. Thank you for your response.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Well as I said, none of this is your fault, so for you as an individual I wish you good luck and hope it goes well for you :-)

As for Bumpboxx US they can take a running jump

And this is from someone who actually has a Bumpboxx in Europe lol

nikonfoo

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
samovar said:

Ok i was first reply yesterday and put a quick post
And everything everyone has said is really more than this deserves
You have so much great feedback for free
Everyone summed up what I wanted to say
and to come back with this is harsh
I think you have been treated very well and given great information
this is not harsh this is all real feedback and a great company would use it and move forward and make something
great but this ugly thing has not moved forward since it was first produced
We are not doing this for a free box
as T-Ster said wouldn't take one fore free
long way from that