Adverts from the past !

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
Here is an old loved topic of mine , thought it would interesting to repost it . :-)
The reason is because it is a ''live'' topic a never ending topic if you like as adverts can
be found and added at anytime !

Here are some scans from old magazine adverts

for everyone to use and enjoy!

(Ok the one with malcom its not an advert.)

I will upload more scans including walkman adverts

in this post when i have the time!

1.jpg
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
5%2C4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Today i ve managed to scan some more!!

Enjoy

By the way which model is Nina Hagen holding??

7%2C6.jpg7.jpg 8%2C9.jpg9%2C6.jpg11.jpg

one more

12%2C8.jpg12.jpg14%2C5.jpg15.jpg

Here is one more i have found from shizaudio targeted maybe at the Greek market

judging by the text and by the newspaper head titles!

superscope-marantz.jpg

Wondering which year this Marantz - Superscope first released.

DSC02992.JPG

A Lovely vintage advert for a proto-boombox back from 1973 - 1974 for an AIWA TPR-601

DSC03994 (2).JPG

The ad translates as this:

'' WHATS HAPPENING WITH THE DYNAMIC SOUND FROM AIWA...

..and the TPR-601 is full of wonderful sounds. Wherever you go this little,easy to use portable tape recorder and radio for medium and FM waves , is a pleasant company. We are saying everything about the AIWA TPR-601 and by saying dynamic sound we literally mean it. The AIWA TPR-601 POWER supply/batteries has a system of direct recording from the radio , simultaneous recording and mixing for voice , integrated condenser microphone , fast rewinding at the push of a button - QUICK REVIEW- and many more important quality details that make this AIWA synonumous with perfection all over the world. With a frequency range from 150-1800 Hz combined with an output power of 1800 MW it gives you a high fidelity sound. Automatic Stop , timer and easy to use function organs make recording and listening a pure pleasure. For this reason if you like high fidelity sound you have to experience AIWA. Get a taste from the magic world of music ''

Aiwa for craftmanship

24-13, 3-Chome , Yushima,Bunkyo-Ku Tokyo Japan

Exclusive importers for Greece : '' ARGO Hellas '' Patision 73 str. tel: 816002 & 818321 Athens and I.Kouskoura 6 tel : 232351 & 232366 Thessaloniki

AIWA%20TPR%20601.JPG

Some more adverts from magazines of the era.
DSC04113.JPGDSC04119.JPGDSC04121.JPGDSC04183.JPGDSC04184.JPGDSC04186.JPGDSC04187.JPGDSC04188.JPGDSC04189.JPGDSC05848.JPG

And the latest advert pic from 3 days ago.

IMG_20181025_180830.jpg

Attachments

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
So awesome!
Do you know the dates of some of these?
It would be valuable for archival purposes.
Like the Williamsons, and the one below it?

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
MesaAZGuy said:
Thanks for the post! I needed to read Greek as I haven't read or spoke the language in quite a few years. Comes back to me like riding a bike except it takes a minute for me to reread and comprehend.
Greek Language is not so easy to learn.
Mesa AZ guy you are from the US and you know hot to read and comprehend Greek . This is awesome.

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
When I was little, I was forced to go to Greek school after regular school at our local Greek church. As I progressed, it ended up being all day on Saturday. My parents were both Immigrants and my brother and I were born in NY. We spoke Greek at home except to my dad. My parents were told by the American schools that they had to speak english in the house as my brother (4 years older than I) didn't speak good english as a child. My dad spoke english (Broken and heavily accented) and my mom continued to speak Greek. We learned alot of bad words from her! I miss my parents (both deceased) and the awesome childhood they tried to provide. I miss the smell of Tsoureki baking during the holidays or helping my mom put honey on the Malemakarona. Her Koulouria were the best and my Portuguese wife was given the same 1950's cookbook from my mom that she used for all her recipes. It was an honor I thought. Haven't been to Greece since 2005 and most of the family is scattered about. I lost touch. When we go back, sadly it will be as a tourist rather than a patriot.

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
So MesaAZguy you are Greek-American 2nd gen !
The Sweet memories from childhood are the ones we carry for ever, the ones that shapes us.
Whenever you feel like visiting motherland give me a shout . You are not a tourist at all .
There are always open arms here brother.
(Well that depends on what team you support Panathinaikos or Olympiakos. :) :) )
What place was your Father and Mother from?

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
My dad was Russian born and they moved to Thessaloniki when he was very young. His father was an orthodox priest assassinated in Russia so I believe that is why they fled to Greece. Mom was born in Andros. Dad was in the Greek Navy and thus met my mom. Moved to NY in 1965 and the rest is history as they say.

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
I am trying to Rotate them and find the right position for a lot of days now but it seems impossible !
I am uploading the pics anyway !! :-)
If any mod or admin would like to check them out and put them into the right order it would be good .

IMG_20200224_174456.jpg

IMG_20200213_205347.jpg

sanyo.jpg

philips.jpg

sound.jpg