3D printing question

jronyc

Member (SA)
Mar 10, 2018
NYC
I just got this tonight. Needed a quick fix which is done. Everything is working, aligned ready to go!

I searched on line, before I tried the scanning platter I also got with the Makerbot, for Sharp VZ slides (which I found) and Conion C-100F cassette door.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1227860
But with my very limited knowledge I don't know how to print the downloadable file. I saved it to the SD card but the makerbot does not recognize any of the files
Seems I need a .x3g file which the downloadable files don't have.

Does anyone know of any .x3g files for the above parts? Or maybe what it is I'm doing wrong?

Again I know next to nothing about 3D printing files so I may be asking a real stupid question. But I figured I'd give it a try.

Attachments

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
You need the software:

https://www.makerbot.com/de/3d-printers/makerbot-print/download/

The downloadfiles are all in .stl format.....You need first to import the files in the makerbotsoftware.

If the software read it. But without that you cant easy print them. First you need to install the right software.

Makerbot has his own. With the help of that and some very good tutorials on youtube you can try out first something.

So i think :hmmm:

Oh i saw which kind of files the software read:

SUPPORTED FILE TYPES:
  • Mac: MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl)
  • Windows: MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm), InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs), STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct), Wavefront Object(.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt), Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .prt., .asm, .asm.), VRML(.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
So you can easy use the exist files. Fingers cross :-)

jronyc

Member (SA)
Mar 10, 2018
NYC
Got it! Watch extensive videos, made the first slider this morning. Size is perfect, but it needs some more fine tuning as far as the over all piece. Does not have the super fine striations on both sides of the middle bump, and the middle doesn't have the line in it .

Here are a few pics. I did it in black cause that's all I had. I'll have silver here today. (love one day shipping from Amazon!)

If I make any progress I'll be sure to post some pics.

Cheers

Attachments