An economical resolution for listening hi-res music via bluetooth!

Thanh Hoang Cong

Member (SA)
Oct 17, 2018
Hi everybody,
I happen to think of any possible resolution of listening to hi-res music via bluetooth with minimum expense, then comes the idea: using a 2nd hand CD-cassette player with AUX, a 5.0 AptX HD bluetooth TX and RX ( LG V30 and an appropriate RX).
Finally I can enjoy such a relax with the cost of less than US$ 60.00 (smart phone excluded)
https://www.facebook.com/hcongthanh/videos/10213202987650175/

Any constructive comments/ suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
I'm getting too old for this, I have no idea what "5.0 AptX HD bluetooth TX and RX ( LG V30 and an appropriate RX)." means, absolutely no idea at all - and I don't think I've missed much by not knowing! :yes: :-D

Thanh Hoang Cong

Member (SA)
Oct 17, 2018
Hi MyOhMy,
5.0 AptX HD bluetooth TX and RX ( LG V30 and an appropriate RX) is:
- TX (transmitter), bluetooth 5.0 supporting AptX HD signals, I use the LG V30 for playing 24/192 music
- RX (receiver), bluetooth 5.0 supporting AptX HD signals, I use a CRDC Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Transmitter Receiver CSR8675
(For more details about bluetooth AptX HD, pls Google)
Sorry if my English caused some misunderstanding or difficulties!

Jorge

Member (SA)
Jul 12, 2017
California
square-2.com
$30 Chromecast was my introduction into Tidal streaming, about 6 months ago... Wish I could get back my virginity, but now, thanks to Tidal, I am on a shopping spree for the albums I just Must-Have!! Piano Magic LPs are coming in, analog bliss thru digital gizmos: Gods they are playing me in mysterious ways :-)

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
MyOhMy said:
I'm getting too old for this, I have no idea what "5.0 AptX HD bluetooth TX and RX ( LG V30 and an appropriate RX)." means, absolutely no idea at all - and I don't think I've missed much by not knowing! :yes: :-D
Mom, I too feel like I am cut off from present technology. However the fanfare of the acronyms which opens this post only suggests a way to get quality music listening via a bluetooth device. All you need is:

1) a bluetooth transmitter/receiver which allows you to turn any audio system with aux/line-in into a wireless system that can be used with a smartphone/tablet;
2) a musical source, case in point a site from where to stream the music of your choice via smartphone/tablet.

Many members already do this, and the market offers alternatives. For instance, Jorge's streaming source is Tidal ("the first music service with High Fidelity sound quality" says the site -- very interesting), which he accesses via Chromecast audio rather than via AptX HD.

Thanks to Thanh Hoang Cong for sharing his favorite set up, I suggest he tells us more about him in the Introductions section of this site.

Thanh Hoang Cong

Member (SA)
Oct 17, 2018
Thank you, Samova! Great to hear that you know exactly what I mean and like this topic! This is to share my experience with and learn from you both! :-) The total cost for the hardware (CD-cassette player and bluetooth receiver) is just less than US$ 60.00 is my favor! :-)
Introduction: I'm from Vietnam, working in the fields of Kaizen/ Lean, ISO and Energy Efficiency - hobbies: music and photography! Great to know and learn from you all!