Get Ready for --- the 12 days of Christmas Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper

Member (SA)
OK, Traditionally, the 12 days of christmas begins on Christmas Day and runs 12 days to January 6.

12 days.

This HOLIDAY, here is a FUN challenge. For every day of Christmas, everyone show a photo of their boomboxes plurally(?)consistent with the respective day of Christmas.

** So... For the first day of Christmas, Show a picture of 1, ONLY 1 Boombox. Eveyone should be able to do that!
** For the second day of Christmas, show a picture of 2 boomboxes, BUT they should be a pair of the same thing -- i.e. 2 turtle doves or 2 C100F's.
** On the third day of Christmas, show 3 boomboxes, i.e. 3-french hens OR (3) x M70's. etc.

I imagine the first 2 or 3 days should get lots of entries. The rest is gonna get progressively harder. Most aren't gonna make it all the way except for the few members that likes to hoard particular models. Then again, 1 entry only counts 1 time so no extra points for having 12 Wheely's -- it's only 1 entry :-O :w00t: :yes:

OK, get your photos ready. Challenge begins 12:01 a.m. Christmas Day and extends for 12 days. No going back. Who wants to keep track?

----------------------------------

RULES: No recycling the same boxes on different days. For example, if you have 3 SCR-8's, you can't show a photo of 1 on the first day, a photo of 2 on the second day, and a photo of 3 on the 3rd day. Otherwise, someone with 12 boomboxes would enter the same picture 12 times -- cropped. That would defeat the spirit of this challenge. As much as possible, let us try to keep all duplicates rather than different boxes. The member that successfully posts an entry into the most days of Christmas gets bragging rights -- for a whole year! :w00t: :lol: :yes:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
norm --are you in cahoots with gordie ?? :lol: :lol:

this seems like an auto-set-up for gordie to dunk us --
as he will be the only member standing by day # 6 (i think) :-) :-D

Superduper

Member (SA)
Uh, unfortunately, to make it fair for some of us mere mortals, Gordie's 333 Conions would only be able to count once. I'd use it on the 12th day, if I were him. Well, technically, he could use them on days 10, 11 and 12th combined since it's well documented how many he has but the thing is, he will have to seperate his stack into 3 piles to qualify since NO boombox should be recycled. The only question is -- how will we know? :-D Nah, that wouldn't be fair to the non-hoarding collectors and would be boring in short order if you enter 1 conion on day 1, 2 conion's on day 2, 3 conions on day 3, etc...

BTW Ira, you are mistaken. You won't be disqualified for any day you miss. Just participate in the days that you can. In other words, if you participate on day 1, miss day 2, you can still participate on day 3.

Is this getting too complicated?

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
its not too complicated --
but it is a screw job for us random type collectors - :thumbsup: :-O :'-(
who buy ANY friggen box -- :lol:
but avoid more than 2 of the same box

Superduper

Member (SA)
Well, I know that you have at least 2 of every boombox Ira so you'll get to participate in at least 2 days.

OK, since you are so (un)confident of our member's proclivity to hoard, I guess we can open this up to multiples of the same brand. So 4 GE's would work. How's that? Again. No recycling though. If you show 8 JVC's and among them is a RC-550, you shouldn't be showing an RC-550 on day 1. We need to make this at least somewhat challenging right?

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
redbenjoe said:
its not too complicated --
but it is a screw job for us random type collectors - :thumbsup: :-O :'-(
who buy ANY friggen box -- :lol:
but avoid more than 2 of the same box

I could hold out till day four then I'm out, I agree with Ira... my collection is kept to a maximum of 2 per box (trying to sell down to that level)....

Sound fun.. I say everyone post a different box for the 12 day challenge... easy enough and still fun! :thumbsup:

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Hey, its all we got till we find our own storage shed full on C100's :w00t: Gordie has our simple collections covered.... but we all know there in a good home and if were nice we might be in his will :w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k

I gotta stop drinkin' :drool:

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Your pics are first class - Gordie as are your radios!!!! :thumbsup:

I have to learn lighting techniques, I was thinking about taking a photography class... Ira has gotten 110% better now I need too..... :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any pics with Boomboxes in it is cool to me :cool: :yes:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Thank goodness I'm pretty good at Photoshop! :lol: That's the only way I can make it past Day 1. :-D :-D :lol:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
well -- with norms new relaxed rules -

about using the same BRANDS --instead of the same boxes-

lots of us can hang in for lots of days :thumbsup:

ya think ??? :cool: :-D

Superduper

Member (SA)
Well, the rules may be relaxed but that doesn't mean it's gonna be easy.

Just like 13 Card Poker, you'll need to strategically show your hands (boomboxes) to try to stretch as long as you can.................. :yes:

Display the wrong boomboxes early on and you might be smacking yourself on your head since again -- no recycling :nonono:

Now, if I can only find 12 different brands, enough to last all 12 days. Since there is no recycling -- you'll need a minimum (if all the stars are aligned, etc etc.) of 78 boomboxes! :w00t:

Anyone participating in all 12 days would be a true collector indeed :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.