• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FriedScorpion

FriedScorpion
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:25 PM

I am looking for two antennas for my Helix 4636. Please let me know if you have any that you would be willing to sell me

Thank you in advance

#2 PostEnder

PostEnder
  • Members (SA)
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern U.S.A.

Posted 01 December 2018 - 02:48 AM

Hi. I own a Helix HX-4633N, which is a smaller, less gaudy (that is, decidedly less "chromed up") model compared to the HX-4636.

Shortly before 3:00AM today, acting on your request, I dragged the '4633 (in its original carton) out of storage and did some steel-tape measuring.

Excluding their swivel-only bases, each of the antennas, when fully retracted (collapsed), is about 7.25 inches long.

When fully extended, each antenna is about 21.875 inches long. (Somewhere over 21.75 inches; had to guess.)

I think each aerial (antenna) has four telescopic segments. (I forgot to count the segments of my Helix’s antennas when I measured but I just found a 2017 photo’ of my Helix from another website – with the antennae “V”d – and counted the sections there LOL)

I'm still not sure how the HX-4633's antennae compare to those of a '4636: which model has the longer "radio rods"?

Let me ask: have you checked on a website such as Amazon? There are several replacement antennae sold on that 'site. Before I did any measuring, I was taken to one of several webpages selling such an item by Googling the search term "Replacement Antenna Rods."

Or do the aerials have to be original -- or at least from another Helix?