This is why I drive a motorcycle

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
A bike kind of reminds me of Street Hawk. Would love to know that area that you're in I been in Warren County in Lurray and Shenandoah valley.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
JVC Floyd said:
A bike kind of reminds me of Street Hawk. Would love to know that area that you're in I been in Warren County in Lurray and Shenandoah valley.
This was going over the mountain on 501 towards Lexington, VA. There are plenty of mountains in this area. Lots of views :-)

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Oh, man. I really hate that for you. :-P

I think we all need an office like that.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Very pretty! It's going to be every shade of red and yellow soon. It reminds me of the coast range I live next to.
Bonus, no-limits blasting!

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
caution said:
Very pretty! It's going to be every shade of red and yellow soon. It reminds me of the coast range I live next to.
Bonus, no-limits blasting!
Thanks Caution. Can't wait to see what it looks like in the Fall :-)

Fatdog said:
Oh, man. I really hate that for you. :-P

I think we all need an office like that.
:-D Looking at your profile picture made me realize that I would rather be at the Beach. Got to looking at the calendar and that will be happening before the end of the year :clap: I can't wait to grab a box of mine and take it with me.

Space is always a little cramped because of our tiny compact car so the wife asked me which one I would take. Guess she's hoping I won't say Bumpboxx, Lasonic i931, C100 or M90. I usually try to keep the profile fairly low because it has to be easy getting down to the beach. I have found that it gets harder carrying things when your feet are sinking into the sand :lol:

Last year I took the DJ-Tech. The year before that I took the Quasar GX-3612. This year I have decided I am taking the GPO Brooklyn. It will fit right in with its retro styling and Bluetooth will keep me from having to hop up after I get wasted. The only thing I am a little worried about is the sand getting down into the CD player slot on top. Guess I could always add a piece of masking tape just in case :thumbsup:

It just occurred to me that I suddenly went On Topic in the Off Topic section. Oh well. ;-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Looking at that bike reminds me of my beloved 86 ninja 600R that old raggedy bastard was more trouble than it was worth only because it was worn out and old but still that mother f***** could Rumble.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
JVC Floyd said:
Looking at that bike reminds me of my beloved 86 ninja 600R that old raggedy bastard was more trouble than it was worth only because it was worn out and old but still that mother f***** could Rumble.
I know what you mean Floyd. This motorcycle is 24 years old. It's not as fast as the new bikes but it'll still smoke most of the newer cars :-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
My roommate at the time had a Yamaha 750 Maxim and from stoplight to stoplight he smoked my ass but after that it was all over but the crying that ninja had like double the top speed lol. Now he has a 1400 CC Suzuki Intruder I rode that m*********** up to the Cumberland mountains let me tell you it gives new meaning to power on command.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
I know what you mean Floyd.

Eventually I plan to get a more modern fuel injected model. This bike still holds it's own but you do have to wind it out making it obvious to motorists that your "going for it"...lol. I want a 1000 so I can effortlessly pull away without getting too much attention. Also, newer vehicles today are quick and the only protection you have when riding is to quickly remove yourself from dangerous situations (aka drive defensively). Around here, if you want to survive on the streets, you can't have a weak bike...lol. These people will run right over you, keep going and not look back.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I agree 100% you got to have enough power to get out of trouble. those big trucks 18-wheelers will literally blow your ass off the road if you don't have enough power to get away from them.

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
This is my sons bike which i have at my house, its a 2008 Gilera Dna 50cc, very Nice condition, only 2619 miles from new. too new for me, im old skool, 80s bikes are my thing, when i was a young lad in the 80s i had a few bikes, Yam Fs1e, Suzuki Ts50, Suzuki GP100, Honda Mtx125 and also had a nice Yam Rd350lc, all quite rare now, 80s was the days, Great Times.

Attachments

Mark1892

Member (SA)
Aug 21, 2018
Durham, UK
I totally get you, this is my bike up in the Scottish Highlands. I travel up there a couple of times a year to get away from the daily routine.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Rather than creating a new post.....Where are all our motorcycle lovers? Chris (Lasonic TRC-920) I know you are out there on your Indian somewhere :-)

It's finally getting that time of year where it's time for me to get the old girl out of storage.

I have a feeling that I am going to rip the living s**t out of it this year. I have one hell of a Winter Rage to get out of me this summer. A big middle finger to 28 degree temps.

Nothing for me in life was ever simple. I relate to JVC Floyd because coming up in age I had to earn my way every step. Nothing was handed to me. My mom and dad didn't take pity or feel sorry for me. Dust yourself off...suck it up and be a man. Pave your own way in life. So I have. I couldn't afford a decent motorcycle. I had to buy a wrecked one and bring it home in a box, build it and put it together on my own. I do the same thing with my boomboxes. I get them needing repaired and restore them to their former glory....just like I did with this bike. People only see the end result and do not realize all the crap it took to get to where I am. Everything I have....I earned every step. I don't tolerate jealousy. No one felt sorry for me when I was down. I climbed my way to neutral ground and dang proud of it. Nothing was handed to me and I have come to appreciate that. It's a great feeling when you can point to anything around your home and say, I bought that, I fixed that...I made that...and it's all honest hard work and no gimmies.

Below are a few shots of the bike after the frame was painted and assemble started. The frame on the original bike was totaled. Whoever had the bike last rear ended a car, bent the frame and the forks in a L shape. I found a good title to a decent frame and built the bike off of that. The tail section on the replacement frame was slightly tweaked so I ratchet strapped the main body of the frame to two trees and used a come-along on another tree to pull the tail section of the frame back into position. Now the plastic body trim would fit and the bolt holes would line up. After a test fit, it was time for paint. The paint scheme was pulled off in 3 layers of paint a 2 coats of clear. Black primer. A midnight blue base followed with a metallic blue which was covered in saran wrap before it cured (causes the camouflage effect). Then followed up with light blue tribal flames, skulls and 2 coats of clear.

I enjoy knowing all of my machines inside and out. IMO it separates the boys from the men :ls-duel:

43736337_159672614987966_8823820119890198528_o.jpg44768105_159672638321297_613003283245563904_o.jpg44896669_159672724987955_1019136447317278720_o.jpg43759532_159672788321282_9137783831250599936_o.jpg

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I work on all my vehicles , I don't take them to the shop because I can't afford it.
Its cheaper to learn for yourself and but the tools you need as you go a long.
I had to buy every specialty tool known to man but I use them all the time, I even work on other people's vehicles to save them money and time .
I always said I spent more time under my jeep than I spent under a woman.
Being a motorcycle rider I know that you basically have to know your machine so you know how to inspect it before you ride it and know how to work on it on the side of the road.