Sharp VZ 2500 disaster

Napoleon44

Member (SA)
Sep 15, 2018
Hi all,

Firstly, thank you for letting me register. Now that I've joined the world of vintage audio I'll hopefully be a regular!

I purchased a vz 2500 that was a mess. I managed to replace belts, cartridges, gave it a good clean and managed to get it all working.

However, when I'd fast forward a record it suddenly would get stuck at a certain point, as if something was obstructing the tonearm's linear path along the steel chord.

I decided to look into this and this is where disaster struck. I manually rotated the tonearm gear (where the little belt lies) and loosened/tensed the cord. Somehow this appears to have killed all power to the turntable! Even the light doesn't come on. The cassette and radio still work perfectly.

I am completely baffled by this. I know that there's a leaf switch by black cog that I was rotating (and moves the arm), but I've rotated the wheel past it, under it, etc and to no avail. I know how the leaf switch is supposed to sit and it just isn't working.

Any help greatly appreciated, or failing that, if anyone is in London who is willing to take a look and fix it for me, I'd be willing to pay for your service.

Thanks!

Funkateer38

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2017
Bonjour Napoleon44,

I have the same problem. Did you resolve this problem ?

Thank you, best regards