Photo

Sharp GF-9000 power supply socket cover wanted!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kriim

Kriim
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:31 AM

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me to find the Sharp GF-9000 power supply socket cover.

If no, please help me with the measures of that cover. I will make it myself.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

#2 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

To check the detail of any aspect, just cut, paste then move a rule/around within the image. 

Attached File  DSCF4036sfw.jpg   52.74K   15 downloads

#3 Riff_Al

Riff_Al
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

All Sharp models with same voltage selection method (i mean NOT rotary selector) has the same cover. Difference only in color. So you can find any of these Sharp's (GF-800, GF-700, QT-90, QT-88 etc.) and use this cover for your GF-9000

#4 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:23 PM

All Sharp models with same voltage selection method (i mean NOT rotary selector) has the same cover. Difference only in color. So you can find any of these Sharp's (GF-800, GF-700, QT-90, QT-88 etc.) and use this cover for your GF-9000

I have a QT-90 donor box so I'll swap the plate with the one on my GF-9000 and post the result, I feel the colour may be dark grey.  While I'm at it I'll check out any other Sharp models I have.

#5 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:00 AM

Here are the Sharp models I have checked for a cover plate match along with the results:

GF-A2, GF-6060, GX-CD75, GX-CD60, QT-90, QT-37, QT-38, and several minis.

None of the minis were fitted with plates.

All the others were fitted with a plate of the same design (with the exception of the GF-6060, this plate was held in situ by two screws) with the width & positions of the screw aperture & A/C aperture being identical BUT here lies the crucial difference betwwen the GF-9000 and those I have checked:

the height (when looking directly at the plate) on all the above models was a few millimetres shorter by proportion resulting in the distance between the centre of the screw fixing and the centre of the A/C aperture being closer together.  If one of these plates was screwed onto a GF-9000 it would partially block the A/C opening preventing the A/C cord being inserted.

I don't know if other large GF-xxxx models will share the same sized plate or not.

#6 Kriim

Kriim
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

Here are the Sharp models I have checked for a cover plate match along with the results:

All the others were fitted with a plate of the same design (with the exception of the GF-6060, this plate was held in situ by two screws) with the width & positions of the screw aperture & A/C aperture being identical BUT here lies the crucial difference betwwen the GF-9000 and those I have checked:

the height (when looking directly at the plate) on all the above models was a few millimetres shorter by proportion resulting in the distance between the centre of the screw fixing and the centre of the A/C aperture being closer together.  If one of these plates was screwed onto a GF-9000 it would partially block the A/C opening preventing the A/C cord being inserted.

I don't know if other large GF-xxxx models will share the same sized plate or not.

Yes, You are right. I have a ps socket cover of GF-A1, but its too small for the 9000. I think, maybe is a suitable only DC15V versions of the PS socket covers. Still looking for the suitable cover..

#7 Riff_Al

Riff_Al
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:05 PM

Very very strange. I have a lot of Sharp models, and all of them made after 1983 has the same cover. Difference only in color.

Models that i have right now with the same cover are: GF-8989, GF-800, GF-700, WF-939, QT-90, GF-9000, HK-9000 (not GF). Also i repaired and serviced another models and the cover was the same too.
If it is nesessary i could make photo.

P.S. by the way: HK-9000 is biggest double cassette made by Sharp. When i got it, it was without this cover. Then i take the cover from QT-90 and put it on HK-9000.

For example:
1 - QT-37/QT-38
2 - QT-90 (QT-88, QT-89)
3 - GF-700

Attached Files

#8 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:43 PM

I have photographed the plate of the GF-9000 (top, L+R) and the QT-90 (bottom, L+R).  Compare the plate in each image with the one directly above/below it and notice the placement of the rule is the same.  You should notice that the GF-9000 plate is larger than the QT-90 plate (and all the plates on the other models I mentioned in my previous post).

I hope this picture is more clear than my previous description.  :yes:

Attached File  DSCF4069sfw.jpg   41.37K   5 downloads

#9 Riff_Al

Riff_Al
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

Hm... Very interesting! :)
But i know 100% that QT-90, HK-9000, GF-800, GF-700, WF-939 plates are the same and interchangeable. And it is very strange that GF-9000 plate is larger.
Mine is in the box with other 50 boomboxes of my collection, so i cannot compare. )) I need the racks or the shelfs to display my boomboxes but cannot find enough time to make them :)

#10 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:07 AM

I agree, I would have thought it would be more cost effective to make all the plates the same unless there was an absolute need for a different size such as  - but, a couple of millimetres?  :huh:  It would be interesting to see if other GF-xxxx boxes of a similar size & style share the same size plate or if, in fact, there are differences in size.

#11 Kriim

Kriim
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

Still looking for the power supply socket cover.

Damn, its very difficult to find...

#12 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

Is there a facility close to you that can 3D Print one for you?  Crazygamer may lend you one to copy or, if you need me to, I'll send you one to copy for printing (but I'll need it back!).

#13 Kriim

Kriim
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:57 AM

Is there a facility close to you that can 3D Print one for you?  Crazygamer may lend you one to copy or, if you need me to, I'll send you one to copy for printing (but I'll need it back!).

Thanks for a tip, i will ask for it :)