Hello from the UK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
Hello! My name is Martin, I'm a very young 40 years old and I love vintage electronics!

I'm on several other sites such as Stereo2go, Audio Karma and Tape Heads, as well as many for my other interests, mainly VW's but also Tamiya RC cars, LEGO and retro games consoles. I am a mod on the UK VW Up! Owner's club.

My main love is my 2003 VW Lupo GTI which I have owned since 2004. I also own a 2012 VW High Up! which will soon become my son's first car.

I have a small collection of Boomboxes, I think around 10 or so at the moment which I will try and add pictures of soon. My Walkman collection stands at around 60ish, have about 20ish Discmans and 10ish MD Walkmans, and a few Watchmans too.

Games consoles stands at around 150ish between myself and my brother, my favourite being my Vectrex.

I have a Tamiya/Kyosho electric RC collection of around 100ish cars, but they are all in storage at the moment (like most of my stuff!)

Anyway, thank you for letting me join, and I hope to both gain knowledge and maybe share some of my limited (at best!) knowledge in return!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Hello, lupogtiboy and welcome to the forum! I was quite calm until I read your into post but now I feel as excited as you appear to be! :yes: :-D I can hardly wait to see your collection(s), please post the pics as soon as you can. As it happens, my first car was a VW golf which I bought in 1976 and I could only dream of Lego as a child as we were far too poor for such expensive toys. Mind you, licking coal for christmas dinner made up for the loss....

:hi:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Welcome aboard, Martin! I would love to see some pictures of your Vectrex. That was one of those '80s table top games that I wanted so badly as a kid!

thinkchronicity

Member (SA)
Jul 5, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Martin...I got my car serviced at the drift bridge once! Expensive, but prob the best service of its life. Looking forward to seeing a few of your boxes there.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Welcome over mate, you will fit in well here as you named a dozen things we are all keen on!

I remember rushing over to my friends after school every day to play his Vectrex....

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Yes I am a serial hoarder! I need to thin out some of my stuff though, mainly games consoles as its pretty pointless having 8 of one console when I could sell them and buy something I don't have.

I work in Epsom at a VW/Audi main dealership as a parts advisor, so I also hoard any spare parts we have going! To say I need to sort out my storage container in a huge understatement.....

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Welcome. My second vehicle was an 88 VW Fox. I had that thing decked out with more power in the trunk than the hood. I had to keep my foot on the gas at lights when the bass hit so my engine wouldn't die....ahh. Those were the days. Now all I have is ringing in the ears at night to relive my childhood :-)

As far as RC cars I have several. Nowhere near the amount you have. They are all Nitro. Not as much torque as electric but I'm a gearhead and love the tuning, smoke, noise and smell of nitro in the air. My one modified Duratrax Streetforce GP will hit about 75mph. Fairly fast. Basically looks like you shot a model rocket across the p-lot and about as easy to control. The mustang just sits and looks pretty but my T-Maxx is the one I run the most out here in the country.

Posted a few pics. The ugly one is the faster one I have. It was built to be fast and looks were not important.

The mustang hits about 55mph. It's a stock Duratrax. Vintage and used very little.

Then of course is the rock climbing T-Maxx which is my Daily:-)

Again, Welcome :-)

20180915_234916.jpg
20180915_234945.jpg
20180915_233459.jpg
20180915_234141.jpg
20180915_235314.jpg
20180915_235400.jpg

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
Thanks again to all for the lovely warm welcome. For some reason it won't let me post any pics on this thread so I'll add one in the General Chat section.

Status
Not open for further replies.