Any suggestions on a good connection solution for wires that are currently soldered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshine_ax

Member (SA)
When I open a boombox to work on it, I really hate having to unsolder points just to open the case. I have several that require me to do this and I think, why can't I just put a wire connector in there? Especially if it's just of the antenna or a speaker connection.

Do any of you ever put a connector in the middle of a wire that you can plug and unplug when you go into your boxes? If would make me happier to know that I can just go in there and tinker without it being a long drawn-out ordeal.

Thanks for any advice!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
JVC Floyd said:
I don't see any problem doing that . just make sure your connections are good so the connectors don't cause noise.
^^ I agree. If you know how to do, I say why not!

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
This is really annoying. It's usually only the older boxes. I would suggest to use a soldering iron to install a false bridge capping with a bit of heat shrink.

sunshine_ax

Member (SA)
Thanks guys. I’ve done some research and I’m going to try some spade connectors. Does anyone have any advice on the best connectors?

Hopey, I can’t find anything called a False Bridge Cap. Could you share a link? I’d love to try it. I want to keep the system quiet like Fatdog was saying.

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
sunshine_ax said:
Thanks guys. I’ve done some research and I’m going to try some spade connectors. Does anyone have any advice on the best connectors?

Hopey, I can’t find anything called a False Bridge Cap. Could you share a link? I’d love to try it. I want to keep the system quiet like Fatdog was saying.
My bad the false bridge means its not under tension. Install a new piece of wire sealling the joint with heatsrink. It takes up less room than connectors and is a lower resistantance joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.