• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 SLO

SLO
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,443 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, Southern California

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

Aiwa's sponsorship was much more appreciative as far as I'm concerned.  I still have that Aiwa 9.

Agreed, Joe Born is very cool to deal with on any level. His help with the Exos 9 auction the 1st year was very much appreciated :-)

Hmm, I'm just sitting here thinking what that means for sponsorship of the Vegas meet this year. :hmmm:

Last year not one old school boombox was played or heard. It was more of a "show". This year we will be taking it back to a more personal level just like the first Vegas meet.
I saw this coming, I'm glad to see you part ways, and come back to what we are really about,THE BOOMBOX. You got to network, meet, and rub elbows with tons of musicians while riding the bumpboxx wave, I'd say it was fun while it lasted, but welcome back to the TRUE scene where we do this for the love of the boombox, and not profit. Good to have you back...
When all this Bumpboxx stuff starting happening here at Boomboxery, I honestly was a little put out for two main reasons:
1. It seemed Bumpboxx were just ripping off the big DIY boxes that home builders all around the world had been building and posting on YouTube for years calling theirs a ‘unique concept’.
2. It also seemed like the collective eye was being taken away from the vintage blasters and onto a glorified DIY box.
But I was impressed how they could offer so much performance for only $299.00 - little did we know this price was only a short lived scheme to suck everyone in.
When two of our most esteemed members joined their ranks, I thought ‘well who am I to doubt this company when guys truly in the know are getting involved?’.
I still tried to remain positive about Bumpboxx despite the whole mono thing and all the QC problems proud Bumboxx owners were experiencing.
But to now find out that Bumpboxx had taken control over the last Vegas meet and had allowed it to degenerate into a pure Bumpboxx promotional event
IS JUST PURE B U L L S H I T !!!!!!
The vintage boxes were just ‘silent stage props’ like one of those modern music videos where everyone is dancing around a switched off vintage Boombox.!!!
Now that both Chris and Dave have been kicked to the curb, I now say ‘Bumboxx be gone!!!’ :lol:

Yea Jimmy you are right. I told Dave after last years meet..."It was fun, but not one classic boombox was even powered on or played" and that's not a boombox meet. So yes unfortunately our beloved blaster's we're nothing but display, and photo props :-/

This year will be much different. We WILL be heard, cassette reels will spin, volume knobs and sliders WILL be cranked up! No free bumpboxx giveaways and raffles, no hype, no "special guest" performers, just good ol boombox goodness with friends and family :-) Boomboxery style.

#32 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:51 AM

A meet without messing with vintage boomboxes ain’t no fun! That’s what it’s all about imo. Good to get back to normal :-)

#33 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

Man fook that , glad I didn't go because I would a acted the goddamn fool , I'd been like denzel , king Kong ain't got shite on me lol. And commenced to burn that motherfooker down with big evil.

#34 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,607 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

I'd been like denzel , king Kong ain't got shiat on me lol. 

:lol:  :lol: 

#35 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,076 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

@SLO and all the West Coast crew....

When you guys held the last Venice Beach meet and it was advertised as "CLASSIC'S ONLY", I knew right then you guys are on the right path and all the heads that supported it made that event all that more special. This up coming Vegas meet will solidify that. We collect vintage blasters AND we did extend a hand to the new products hoping for the best.

I haven't told my story yet. It's ugly and I ain't happy. I'm holding off telling it for one reason and that is to see if Bumpboxx is going to straight up RIP OFF my designs. There is a time table involved here. Last I spoke to them, back in January, they gave me an idea that I am holding on too. Once that time passes, I will know if they are ripping me off by side stepping me and putting a classic into production without me, or abandoning the classic idea all together. It's possible there could be legal action, so I am holding my tongue. But to be honest with you, I don't see this going anyway positive. Those guys showed me their hand when I was in China, not really a smart thing to do, but they did it. I haven't shared that information. But when I see people come to this site, who have purchased their products and are having problems I know exactly why and I know the mentality of the people who let those problems make it to the customer and why. 

Boomboxery is a multifaceted web community that covers many subjects. The subject I am here for is classic Boomboxes.

LONG LIVE THE PLASTIC BLASTER!

#36 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,503 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:06 AM

^ boom

#37 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

Regret that I have one now lol

#38 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,503 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

No regrets here, but the fact that they took some of our members for a ride makes me want to smash mine.

#39 Transistorized

Transistorized
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,610 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

I've been spending so much time browsing the General section that I have been missing all of this. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to two of our finest members. On any given day I remember seeing Dave posting and propping up the Bumpboxx brand.

I have heard a few that are talking about smashing or burning their Bumpboxx. I paid $499.99 for mine. Yes...that's correct! I didn't get any specials. I paid Full price and thought it was in stereo when purchased. I assumed and that bit me. I'll continue to use my Bumpboxx until it dies but after that, I plan to go my own way with it and finally make the thing stereo :-) I personally wouldn't be disrespectful to anyone if they had a Bumpboxx because IMO it doesn't make sense to take what has happened out on owners or the BT Speaker itself. We all know that we are good people here. While I am disappointed in what has happened, I hope to get my 500 dollars out of my box nonetheless. Glad I got a good one that hasn't given any issues in 2 years.

Some interesting facts. I was the first to post a video on YouTube and get the word out about it being Mono (since been removed). I also was the first to find out that the Gen1 could record onto USB and SD Card. In my manual it wasn't known. I contacted them via FB and this led to reprints of the manual adding this feature.....no credit to me was given but hey...I didn't expect it either.

Again, I feel bad for Dr Der and Lasonic. On a good note I have been very happy with the community here. It's hard to believe its been years since I joined. 

#40 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

Bumpboxx box might think they're badass but don't never compete with the DIY Boombox Builders of Boomboxery we will smoke their ass every f****** time.

#41 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

Bumpboxx box might think they're badass but don't never compete with the DIY Boombox Builders of Boomboxery we will smoke their ass every f****** time.

fook yeah! :rock:

#42 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,076 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

I've been spending so much time browsing the General section that I have been missing all of this. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to two of our finest members. On any given day I remember seeing Dave posting and propping up the Bumpboxx brand.

I have heard a few that are talking about smashing or burning their Bumpboxx. I paid $499.99 for mine. Yes...that's correct! I didn't get any specials. I paid Full price and thought it was in stereo when purchased. I assumed and that bit me. I'll continue to use my Bumpboxx until it dies but after that, I plan to go my own way with it and finally make the thing stereo :-) I personally wouldn't be disrespectful to anyone if they had a Bumpboxx because IMO it doesn't make sense to take what has happened out on owners or the BT Speaker itself. We all know that we are good people here. While I am disappointed in what has happened, I hope to get my 500 dollars out of my box nonetheless. Glad I got a good one that hasn't given any issues in 2 years.

Some interesting facts. I was the first to post a video on YouTube and get the word out about it being Mono (since been removed). I also was the first to find out that the Gen1 could record onto USB and SD Card. In my manual it wasn't known. I contacted them via FB and this led to reprints of the manual adding this feature.....no credit to me was given but hey...I didn't expect it either.

Again, I feel bad for Dr Der and Lasonic. On a good note I have been very happy with the community here. It's hard to believe its been years since I joined. 

Your absolutely right T, People should enjoy their purchase and there shouldn't be any animosity regarding these or any BT speaker systems. 

I do remember you posting about it recording, funny thing is, Rob and Dave of Bumpboxx didn't even know these could record until I told them. It's not really their fault either. In the end, they are merely cobbling together Chinese parts and found a combination to market that quite frankly, Jimmy, Floyd and many other pioneers on this site had worked out all these years ago. From tool batteries, to class D amps, to Bluetooth mods, it was all done here first. That in it's self deserves respect!

:beer2:

#43 Ken

Ken
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,327 posts
  • LocationBremerton, WA, USA

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

Something tells me those douches got their inspiration here.

The Boombox World revolves around this site.

fook 'em.

#44 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,966 posts
  • LocationSeattle-Tacoma, WA

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

Looks like Bumpboxx and I will be parting ways. After all I have done for them they decided to cut me out of the loop . It's all good. LOL.. Karma is a motherfarkers..

Dude... I just saw this... you were kinda like their hype man. What the heck is going on with them? I never did see if Chris posted his final story.

Edit:

After thoroughly reading every post I see Chris hasn't shared his final story, and for good reason.

That's too bad things turned south with them. I never had a bad word to say about Bumpboxx. It wasn't my style but there's boomboxes that also aren't my style so none of that bothered me. It seemed like they had good intentions at that start but it seems maybe that changed. Unfortunately.

I don't have any bashing to say about Bumpboxx aside from it being a total shame of them just kicking two great guys to the curb (Chris & Dave) in the way it seems they did. That's pretty sad. Especially with how much promoting, insight, time and energy they've put into that company.

You guys rock, keep rocking.

#45 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,076 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:18 AM

Looks like Bumpboxx and I will be parting ways. After all I have done for them they decided to cut me out of the loop . It's all good. LOL.. Karma is a motherfarkers..

Dude... I just saw this... you were kinda like their hype man. What the heck is going on with them? I never did see if Chris posted his final story.

Edit:

After thoroughly reading every post I see Chris hasn't shared his final story, and for good reason.

That's too bad things turned south with them. I never had a bad word to say about Bumpboxx. It wasn't my style but there's boomboxes that also aren't my style so none of that bothered me. It seemed like they had good intentions at that start but it seems maybe that changed. Unfortunately.

I don't have any bashing to say about Bumpboxx aside from it being a total shame of them just kicking two great guys to the curb (Chris & Dave) in the way it seems they did. That's pretty sad. Especially with how much promoting, insight, time and energy they've put into that company.

You guys rock, keep rocking.

Thanks man, Dave and I offered up what we had. But we are about the old school boxes.  :thumbsup:

#46 Rimmer36

Rimmer36
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:06 PM

No regrets here, but the fact that they took some of our members for a ride makes me want to smash mine.

Go on smash it up and put it on youtube, i'll pay you lol

#47 Ken

Ken
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:41 AM

I saw this reply coming up the road like a parade.

:lol:

#48 Rimmer36

Rimmer36
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:07 AM

I saw this reply coming up the road like a parade.

:lol:

well i would if i had one :lol:  :rock:

#49 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,503 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:19 AM

Hahhahaha. I hear ya!

If the bumpboxx wasn't my go-to "outside" party blaster, I would be letting it go. It has a lot of ugly features but it does 2 things very well..... It is LOUD and plays on battery for a LOOOOOOONG time.

#50 Ken

Ken
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

Those are good things.  :thumbsup:

#51 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

Cool news Dave. Hope it turns out great!

#52 Barb Bush

Barb Bush
  • Members (SA)
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

New ones ship in August.  https://bumpboxx.com...ions/frontpage

Digital Stereo Amp with one Tweeter?  What were they thinking. 

#53 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,503 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:21 PM

They killed our "Boomboxery" $100 off discount code......

#54 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

They killed our "Boomboxery" $100 off discount code......

Lol. Did you try to buy one? The probably caught wind of some of the bashing going on. Lol.

#55 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,867 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:47 AM

That says volumes about them, as a business.

#56 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:51 AM

Hell I wouldn't pay a hundred bucks for the whole box lol. These are as useless as that f****** Johnny 5 Robot because he can't do a damn thing without input.

#57 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,076 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

I saw this on Instagram, thought I would post it up. Not sure what caused it, but Stryder AKA Hip Hop Trooper posted a video of him throwing away a bunch of Bumpboxx promotional materials with the hashtag #GetGone

Attached File  IMG_20180727_174308.png   617.45K   8 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20180727_174335.png   284.13K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20180727_174353.png   405.15K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20180727_174414.png   312.12K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20180727_174430.png   311.43K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20180727_174448.png   362.58K   5 downloads

#58 Barb Bush

Barb Bush
  • Members (SA)
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

Does anyone know what really happened?  Did they ask him to return the red bumpboxx?

#59 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,607 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

Maybe they re-posted one of his videos without permission, like they did to me  :lol:

#60 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:39 PM

In my opinion the whole bumpboxx craze is bull malarky, the motherfookers basically stole ideas and dropped the people who helped them get started , fook bumpboxx and the lame ass horse they rode in on.

These things will never be anything but aux input whores , oh my bad I forgot Bluetooth whore.