Bumpboxx renounces partnerships with some

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,525 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

You know I hate that s*** it's like they use you and then they discard you f*** them, I never needed a bump box anyway not that I have anything against them but they should give credit where credit's due and pay what they should pay the worst part is they should be loyal to you for the help.
. I'm all for helping people and I'm not doing it for what's in it for me but we know that once people get successful they have a short-term f****** memory or they want to cut Corners to increase profits.

#2 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,559 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:52 PM

I wonder how they are travelling now that China seems to reproducing the same thing with different names and much cheaper prices.

#3 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:06 AM

Well that stinks

#4 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,852 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:01 AM

I wonder how they are travelling now that China seems to reproducing the same thing with different names and much cheaper prices.

I bet they are partnering with some company in China & taking the easy way out.

#5 docs

docs
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:44 AM

Sorry to hear this arising, seems like they enjoy walking on people.

#6 Hisrudeness

Hisrudeness
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationSouth East London UK

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

I’ve heard they did this with another member of this forum.
Rinse the member for input, talent, knowledge and then spit them out when they’re done.

Very disappointing considering how much hype and press good or bad Bumpboxx got from this community.

#7 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,503 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

That is such bull shite for all the hype and support you have given them. I'll be the first to start the 'burning the bumpboxx' videos on youtube..... or maybe not.

#8 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,593 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

I had hopes they were true boombox enthusiasts, but now I'm not sure anymore. Maybe it turned into a "get in, get out" mentality.  Those 300-400% profit margins they were enjoying can only last so long.  I wouldn't doubt they're courting offers to sell the business.

#9 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,525 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:34 AM

The Iron Sheik said it best when the hand is feeding your mouth you don't cut that hand.
But big business doesn't look at it like that.

#10 nikonfoo

nikonfoo
  • Members (SA)
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:44 AM

sorry to say it and I feel for you but I felt they were not nice people

but was positive for new stuff even if i wouldn't have bought one ever

Like why ??? i don't want a box with a basket to hold my phone so not cool 

they will in the end not work out

They have lost the one positive thing they needed

street value some sort of credibility or branding that was you 

without that they are in big trouble

RIP

#11 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:13 AM

Hmm, I'm just sitting here thinking what that means for sponsorship of the Vegas meet this year.  :hmmm:

#12 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,503 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:15 AM

Well, we did the Vegas meet before without them. This will get us back to our roots if they pull the plug.

#13 docs

docs
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

You'd be better off without tbh, no point being associated with this kind of mentality.

#14 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,593 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:01 AM

Hmm, I'm just sitting here thinking what that means for sponsorship of the Vegas meet this year.  :hmmm:

We have already proceeded without any sponsorship.  Sept 28/29....we'll post a thread soon

#15 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

We have already proceeded without any sponsorship.  Sept 28/29....we'll post a thread soon

Yes!  :thumbsup:

#16 deech

deech
  • Members (SA)
  • 453 posts
  • LocationAthens Greece

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:56 PM

To tell you the truth i never really liked the bumpboxx .

I didnt even undertand why it was so hyped.

Never got into it. Didnt even like the looks. I just thought it was something

for hipsters and for show offs.

Imo it was destined for those guys that are throwing parties and dance senseless for an event just to take pics and

show on facebook that they are having a good time but thats not real. Its just a show.

Dr Der i believe that you are better without them. Boombox world can live without them.

Vegas worldwide meeting can exist without them. :)

#17 Rimmer36

Rimmer36
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

i was the first to complain about the bump box and their poor build quality and mono crap....rock on

#18 metalhandbag

metalhandbag
  • Members (SA)
  • 433 posts
  • Locationuk manchester

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

User's plain and simple .

#19 deech

deech
  • Members (SA)
  • 453 posts
  • LocationAthens Greece

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

Attached File  generatedtext.jpg   14.88K   13 downloads

#20 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,525 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

I don't know if you've ever seen the blastmaster XL but they will absolutely f****** smoke anything .
I'm sure if they would actually listen to the advice they were given the bump box would have turned out a lot better.

#21 skippy1969

skippy1969
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,533 posts
  • LocationBaraboo Wisconsin

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

Glad I never bought one........ :thumbsdown:  :thumbsdown:  :thumbsdown:  :thumbsdown:  :thumbsdown:  :thumbsdown:

#22 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:43 PM

The original Bumpboxx with its’ cheap $299 pricing and free swag was a good deal which created a lot of buzz particularly on Faceballs. :-)

But after they doubled the price and then brought out a pricey $899 Bumpboxx, the market they initially appealed to (kids and teens) was shut out due to cost.

It sounds like they’re cutting costs to try and save the operation.

#23 Jorge

Jorge
  • Members (SA)
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

Me too!!! Good Business Practice nowadays is totally f***, sorry, distorted nowadays!!! Glad I never fell for this fad: M70 is my next buy once Boss gives her blessing...

#24 retro

retro
  • Members (SA)
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:42 AM

Sorry to hear about this Dr. Der after all you’ve given them, makes me glad I held on to the designs I almost submitted.

#25 SLO

SLO
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,443 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, Southern California

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

We are all set to make Vegas happen without em :-) We never needed em in the 1st place to tell the truth.

We are taking this years Vegas meet back to what its all about, the BOOMBOX. Last year not one old school boombox was played or heard. It was more of a "show". This year we will be taking it back to a more personal level just like the first Vegas meet.

I saw this coming, I'm glad to see you part ways, and come back to what we are really about,THE BOOMBOX. You got to network, meet, and rub elbows with tons of musicians while riding the bumpboxx wave, I'd say it was fun while it lasted, but welcome back to the TRUE scene where we do this for the love of the boombox, and not profit. Good to have you back...

#26 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,503 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

You nailed it SLO - the video from last year with bumpboxx was just a stage to put on a show to showcase their product. No where near the true knob turning blaster fest we had together the year before. Truly real old school blasters, family, walking the streets of LV. It was a time I will never forget.

#27 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,244 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

DUMBBOX

#28 docs

docs
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:30 PM

Hmm, I'm just sitting here thinking what that means for sponsorship of the Vegas meet this year. :hmmm:

We are all set to make Vegas happen without em :-) We never needed em in the 1st place to tell the truth.

We are taking this years Vegas meet back to what its all about, the BOOMBOX. Last year not one old school boombox was played or heard. It was more of a "show". This year we will be taking it back to a more personal level just like the first Vegas meet.

I saw this coming, I'm glad to see you part ways, and come back to what we are really about,THE BOOMBOX. You got to network, meet, and rub elbows with tons of musicians while riding the bumpboxx wave, I'd say it was fun while it lasted, but welcome back to the TRUE scene where we do this for the love of the boombox, and not profit. Good to have you back...

Word to that brother, getting back to what we all love is essential. Maybe we have lessons to learn from this.

#29 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,852 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

Aiwa's sponsorship was much more appreciative as far as I'm concerned.  I still have that Aiwa 9.

#30 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Hmm, I'm just sitting here thinking what that means for sponsorship of the Vegas meet this year. :hmmm:

Last year not one old school boombox was played or heard. It was more of a "show". This year we will be taking it back to a more personal level just like the first Vegas meet.

When all this Bumpboxx stuff starting happening here at Boomboxery, I honestly was a little put out for two main reasons:

1. It seemed Bumpboxx were just ripping off the big DIY boxes that home builders all around the world had been building and posting on YouTube for years calling theirs a ‘unique concept’.

2. It also seemed like the collective eye was being taken away from the vintage blasters and onto a glorified DIY box.

But I was impressed how they could offer so much performance for only $299.00 - little did we know this price was only a short lived scheme to suck everyone in.

When two of our most esteemed members joined their ranks, I thought ‘well who am I to doubt this company when guys truly in the know are getting involved?’.

I still tried to remain positive about Bumpboxx despite the whole mono thing and all the QC problems proud Bumboxx owners were experiencing.

But to now find out that Bumpboxx had taken control over the last Vegas meet and had allowed it to degenerate into a pure Bumpboxx promotional event
IS JUST PURE B U L L S H I T !!!!!!

The vintage boxes were just ‘silent stage props’ like one of those modern music videos where everyone is dancing around a switched off vintage Boombox.!!!

Now that both Chris and Dave have been kicked to the curb, I now say ‘Bumboxx be gone!!!’ :lol: