LCD and volume issue - leave alone or fiddle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkchronicity

Member (SA)
Jul 5, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Boomers,

two little issues with the M9990 I recently bought: LCD clock works but has missing segments on the display. Has anyone had any luck with fixing these ailing old displays? I've googled the subject in general and it seems cleaning the delicate connectors plus sqeezing the thing back together slightly is an option to try. Maybe better to leave well alone though...in case you know what...

The other thing is the combined left/right volume pot: at the 0 position they are aligned and both channels silent. As i turn them (aligned) the left channel is lagging behind in the volume stakes. Wondering if I should adjust the left channel playback gain trimpot or is it an issue with the volume pot that's developed? Any good advice most appreciated as I only have a little knowledge right now. Tons of dangerous enthusiam though! :lol:

Tim

metalhandbag

Member (SA)
Oct 26, 2011
uk manchester
The clock segments missing can be cured by taking the lcd apart cleaning the two rubber strips and the glass also the circuit board where the rubber strips sit . I have done this a few times with success.. As for the volume/balance issue clean the pots and switches with servisol .

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
metalhandbag said:
The clock segments missing can be cured by taking the lcd apart cleaning the two rubber strips and the glass also the circuit board where the rubber strips sit . I have done this a few times with success.. As for the volume/balance issue clean the pots and switches with servisol .
Yep...this :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.