Hello from Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owenf

Member (SA)
Jul 23, 2018
Brisbane
www.owenflynn.com
Hi All, I'm from Brisbane, Australia and just joined to learn about the boomboxes of my youth. I was more a Walkman guy (with a little twin cassette bedroom stereo as well) but I now have a hankering for buying a big boombox from the 80s. I'll need a boombox education..............

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Welcome aboard, Owen! You will definitely earn a degree in boomboxes here. :yes:

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Owenf said:
Hello, Owenf and welcome to the Boomboxery forum! Do you remember what model "little twin cassette bedroom stereo" this was?

:hi:
Thanks MyOhMy. Googling some pictures I think it was a Sharp WQ-272.

Many thanks. I have Sharps QT-242(red), QT-250(black) & QT-27(red) and they all surprised me with the sound quality. Not the best sound quality is the world but pretty good for minis, the QT-27 is by far the best sounding.

Owenf

Member (SA)
Jul 23, 2018
Brisbane
www.owenflynn.com
MyOhMy said:
Hello, Owenf and welcome to the Boomboxery forum! Do you remember what model "little twin cassette bedroom stereo" this was?

:hi:
Thanks MyOhMy. Googling some pictures I think it was a Sharp WQ-272.
Many thanks. I have Sharps QT-242(red), QT-250(black) & QT-27(red) and they all surprised me with the sound quality. Not the best sound quality is the world but pretty good for minis, the QT-27 is by far the best sounding.

Yes, it was a long time ago and I never really went anywhere with the radio, maybe the incessant rain in Ireland was one reason. Spent many a night listening to (and copying) the usual Rock and Heavy Metal of the 80s on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.