Hello Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

grig15

Jun 22, 2018
Yerevan, Armenia
Hello to everyone!!!!

I want to introduce myself.

Im newbie, and it is 1 year that Im interested and buying selling braking, fixing boomboxes.
Addiction started from young years, when I has my first box (Sharp GF-515).
Im not a normal collector. I don't like to keep the devices. I like to clean and fix them, put them on my guest room enjoy a glass of beer and listen some cassettes for 1-2 weeks, then sell and buy another, and repeat.

My fixing skills are not perfect. But as you know Japan boomboxes are almost immortal, and some cleaning bringing back their life 90% situations. And also my father is great master for that kind of devices, and he is helping me when I cant solve any problem.

Unfortunately there isn't so much models available in my (post soviet) country, so it is some kind of problem to find anything interesting.

Joining this club to find friends, find good information. And Im hoping that the models that available in my country can be interesting for someone, who have other more exotic devices for me and we can make swap or something like that :) Also planning to sell many parts, because I have some dead boxes.

This is the devices that I have now, and it is overall all that I can find here...

1. Sharp 9191
2. Sharp 515
3. Sharp 777
4. Sharp GF-800
5. Sharp WF-939

YES! I love Sharp. Maybe it is because I didn't saw anything Else!?!?!?! :lol:

Im 29 years old and have wife and 2 baby girls.

Sorry for my BAD English

hope to find good communications here

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
hello and welcome I love the sharp boomboxes myself sharp had their own way of making radios just like anybody I like the sharp boom boxes and found them easy to work on and well-designed.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Welcome aboard, Grigor! We hope that you enjoy your time here. And your English is not bad - I can understand it very well. :yes: :rock: :cool:

Jorge

Member (SA)
Jul 12, 2017
California
square-2.com
Welcome! For years now I am trying to remember the model of soviet bbox I bought in '84, even before you were born, but its been so long that all memory is gone :-( something like Radiotechnika-whatever... glad you had a better childhood experience with Sharps: nice units!!!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Hiya and Welcome to the Boomboxery forum!

Your English is good so no apologies needed here, your taste in Sharp BB's is a credit, you enjoy fixing BB's and listening to them for pleasure before passing them on to be enjoyed by other people - that'g GREAT! :thumbsup: Oh - and you have a wife and 2 baby girls: :rock: :clap:

:hi:

grig15

Jun 22, 2018
Yerevan, Armenia
Jorge said:
Welcome! For years now I am trying to remember the model of soviet bbox I bought in '84, even before you were born, but its been so long that all memory is gone :-( something like Radiotechnika-whatever... glad you had a better childhood experience with Sharps: nice units!!!
Is that soviet boombox is one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.