The next adventure: Motorcycling across Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Hey Boomboxery. Well, the next adventure begins this Friday, June 29th at 10 am when my wife and I load up on my Indian motorcycle to ride across Europe. Roughly two and a half weeks and 2300 miles!

Starting in Naples we will head north and east to Ancona, Italy and take the ferry across the Adriatic Sea to Split, Croatia where we will ride south to Dubrovnik then turn back north through Slovenia, Austria and Czechia to Prague. From there we will turn west into Germany to Nuremberg, then south through Liechtenstein, Switzerland and then the whole length of Italy and back home.

If things go well, I should have tons of new stories to tell.

IMG_20180617_115328.jpgIMG_20180617_125414.jpg

Wish us luck!

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
Epic! Keep a diary and shoot a lot of pics and videos. This is gonna be one of the best reports here ever :-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Awesome bike , I have a 2016 KTM Duke my brother let's me use in exchange for storing and maintaining his other bikes jet skis and ATVs.
Its got brand new side bags that can be used as luggage , a GPS unit ,USB outlet and phone holder on the handle bars. If I try real hard I can reach 100 mph lol. It's a great bike and small enough to maneuver almost anyplace. plus its light which suits me fine.
Rock on brother , be safe and have a great trip. I plan on a taking a 3 day bike trip to western Maryland , west Virginia, Pennsylvania real soon to visit some friends.

You can always tell a pro because they carry a rain suit I won't go anywhere without it rain hurts like hell on the motorcycle.

I love that bike it's just beautiful.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Travel safe Chris, once again we look forward to your travel tales and are just a little bit envious. Love that bike, you guys will have a blast

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
It seems like Athens isnt an option for this years tour ! :-)
It really feels like the 80s when all the Good Rock Bands didnt include Athens
as a destination.
Just teasing you Chris ! :-D Have a nice trip and travel safe . Cant wait for the pictures.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
deech said:
It seems like Athens isnt an option for this years tour ! :-)
It really feels like the 80s when all the Good Rock Bands didnt include Athens
as a destination.
Just teasing you Chris ! :-D Have a nice trip and travel safe . Cant wait for the pictures.
:lol: Sorry man, just a little off the beaten path this time around

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
Where do you fit a Boombox???

Sounds like it's going to be an awesome trip Chris. Ride safe!
I'm completely shocked (and a little disappointed)....16 posts before anyone asked if I was taking a radio :lol:

Thanks man, one more day, then the open road!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
:drool: I wish my younger days were not such a distant memory.

I wish yourself and your Good Wife all the best on this trip of a lifetime, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and each day will be it's own mini adventure. It can't get much better than this with stories for your grandchildren - Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.