Need help with one of my Panasonic RX-F32LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blasterdisaster

Member (SA)
Jun 4, 2018
Braunschweig, Germany
Hey you guys...

...this is Dominik from Germany I'm new in here.. I'm collecting some Sharp, Panasonic and Philips/Magnavox Blasters...
So why I'm here? i need help with my RX-F32LS...
No one in Germany can help me i hope i will find here international help.

I had clean my little blaster and exchange some elcos (electrolytic capacitor).

The cleaning and electric work were no problem and everything works good.
My Problem is the cassette part of the blaster. The mechanics are very fine and there are many small springs installed.
so far so good. I disassembled and cleaned everything. The complete mechanics were resinated. After cleaning, I put everything together again. I also had no feather or other parts over. the problem is that after the assembly seemingly the motor switch is always pressed and thus the motor always runs.
I actually put everything together correctly. Do you know that there is a basic position or installation position for the gears?

hope you understand my problem... my English is not the best and i hope i can explain my problem.

thanks for help or any ideas....

cheers Dominik

Attachments

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Willkommen, Dominik! I am not familiar with the cassette mechanism for the RX-F32LS because I do not own that model. Does it have an Auto Stop feature? If it does... that could be the problem. The motor will continue to run unless the Auto Stop switch is triggered.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
if the motor is always running check that main Leaf switch at the bottom of the deck that engages power when you press play

Blasterdisaster

Member (SA)
Jun 4, 2018
Braunschweig, Germany
@Fatdog Thanks for welcome Fatdog. There is no Autostop. But thanks for your idea.

@ Floyd Hey thanks i think you know my problem. To check the switch was my first idea. That is the problem the main switch that turns the head up is pressed the whole time. (picture one i think that is the main) i think it should only be pressed in the first seconds than should be a other one be pressed and the main switch should be lifted. is it right do you know that?
i think there must be a basic position for the to gears.( picture two)

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Correct, try to manually move the gears to release the leaf switch. They may need to be in a certain position to engage with the flywheel correctly.

Blasterdisaster

Member (SA)
Jun 4, 2018
Braunschweig, Germany
Thanks docs for fast help.. i try it but i cant find the basic position. i try it since two weeks.. felt i had the part disassembled 50 times..
i had took many pictures before i disassembled it... but it seems like it was not in the basic position as i disassembled it the first time...

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
You may need a service manual to check against or if someone else has a picture of the deck to help with the position.

Blasterdisaster

Member (SA)
Jun 4, 2018
Braunschweig, Germany
@fatdog sorry it has an autostop.

@docs thanks yea i have the manual. i think i need to disassemble it fully an check it again.
i hope i will find someone who has got a picture with the basic position

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Will the right gear that engages the leaf switch not move at all? If it will not move what is stopping it? Auto stop could be engaged as Fatdog says.

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Docs is on point. To reset the mechanical logic you need to have the mech fully built flywheel and all belts installed. Then run the sequence of logic by hand by spinning the flywheel. Try all the way clockwise and then all the way counter. You may have to remove the flywheel again to ensure the gears are aligning. Trial and error will get you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.