New member from Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
Hello everyone. Recently picked up my first deck, a Lasonic TRC-931 2nd Edition. Seller says they bought it in 1986 from Sears and had it hanging in his out building the entire time. I love this thing, in fact I love everything vintage, audio, analog related. I have multiple vintage setups, 3 turntables, 3 cassette decks (with a Nakamichi as my main), a Pioneer reel to reel, tons of vinyl, 600 cassettes, and 41 r2r tapes. This website has been a god send for the last week and wanted to join the crew! I took the Lasonic apart this weekend to clean, deoxit (tough to get to) knobs/switches, and replace belts (though they worked the guy said he never changed them). I discovered a SBS 16.0 works perfectly for Tape A, but reading here someone mentioned SBS 8.0 for B (which isn't the case). My B had 2 smaller (4.7-ish belts) and 1 (estimating) 6 inch (2 backside and 1 (counter) front side). I'll figure it out and give her a go soon. Thanks for having me!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Thanks for taking time to join this crazy family, Hajidub! Crack open a cold drink and stay a while.

By the way, post some pictures of the 931 when you get a chance - we love pictures.

And post some pictures of your other gear in the Other Audio section. :thumbsup: :cool: :rock:

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Welcome mate, seems like you have found the right place to hang out now.

As FD says some pics would be cool :thumbsup:

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
Fatdog said:
Thanks for taking time to join this crazy family, Hajidub! Crack open a cold drink and stay a while.

By the way, post some pictures of the 931 when you get a chance - we love pictures.

And post some pictures of your other gear in the Other Audio section. :thumbsup: :cool: :rock:
Haven't been able to figure out pics yet on this site. It asks for a URL, but offers no search/find option. I don't using a hosting site.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Hajidub said:
Haven't been able to figure out pics yet on this site. It asks for a URL, but offers no search/find option. I don't using a hosting site.
You can click on the button "More Reply Options" to upload from your computer. You can upload pictures and then click on the "Add to Post" after each upload.

We also have a Testing Ground area so you can learn all the bells and whistles of posting.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Use the "more reply options" which will bring you to a another screen, choose your file and click attach this file. Once done there is a little "add to post" button next to your picture:

Untitled.jpg

Doh i was too late sry!

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
T-STER said:
Use the "more reply options" which will bring you to a another screen, choose your file and click attach this file. Once done there is a little "add to post" button next to your picture:

Untitled.jpg

Doh i was too late sry!
Dunno if it's a Linux thing, but that "attach" doesn't show up for me. Is there a combination of <>::::: that subs for a photo taken from a computer and not residing at a URL?

Update: Its a Linux thing, my Windows machine at work displays the "attach" paperclip. I have to find a work around, I have tons of audio goodness pics to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.