New from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

msknight

Member (SA)
May 15, 2018
Sussex, UK
Hi Folks,

When my last little boombox died last year, I thought that was going to be it. Thirty years of service, but I couldn't get it working again.

Long story, but I now have two boomboxes incoming. RX-C45 (Im' hoping it's the one with multi-voltage selector as it's coming from the US) and TPR-950. Biting my nails in anticipation. They're going to need recapping and some repairs, but they've got to get here first.

*sigh* - that's life I suppose. The ancipi......... pation.

Anyway, I'm off to the pub to unwind after a hectic day at work, pacing up and down, waiting for the couriers to arrive.... maybe tomorrow....

Michelle.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Welcome aboard, Michelle! You have two nice boomboxes on the way. :cool: :yes: I have two of the RX-C45s myself. If you ever get a chance, buy yourself an RX-C20, which is a little brother to the C45.

Good luck with the upcoming repairs / restorations.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
My rxc 45 has a voltage selector and mine is a USA version.
Welcome , the rxc 45 is a very nice and great sounding boombox.

msknight

Member (SA)
May 15, 2018
Sussex, UK
Reli : Thank you :-)
Hisrudeness: Yes, I've paid the import duty from the US. I never saw the one from the UK.
Fatdog: I think I'll get used to these two first :-) I have limited space!
JVC Floyd: That's good to know. My hopes are high!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
msknight said:
Reli : Thank you :-)
Hisrudeness: Yes, I've paid the import duty from the US. I never saw the one from the UK.
Fatdog: I think I'll get used to these two first :-) I have limited space!
JVC Floyd: That's good to know. My hopes are high!
When you get the box the first thing you should do is turn to that voltage selector over to your voltage

msknight

Member (SA)
May 15, 2018
Sussex, UK
deech said:
Michelle welcome from me too. Good to see you here.
Hi Deech .... I very nearly didn't make it. The registration confirmation questions had me scratching my head. eventually I just fed the formulae into google and it told me the answer :-)

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Hi Michelle and welcome. :-)

Congrats on scoring an RX-C45. It’s easily my favorite small 3 piece Boombox. The low volume bass is great on the C45.

They’re easy to work on too with a modern plug and play construction.

I’d be surprised if your example needs recapping - Panasonic tends to be most reliable and durable boxes out there.

Good luck,

James..... :-)

msknight

Member (SA)
May 15, 2018
Sussex, UK
Thanks Metalhandbag... I like to spread myself around :-)

Thanks jimmyjimmy19702010 - I've noticed people recapping them due to their age, especially with the radio failing and the "big one" should be replaced, as people say, especially given its age. I thought I might as well get it done and then it should be good for decades to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.