Photo

I deleted facebook groups...... guess what?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Ken

Ken
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,327 posts
  • LocationBremerton, WA, USA

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

You guys do realize that this site we're on IS social media, right?  I mean, implying that here, in our gated community, we're so much cooler than the riff-raff is kinda elitist, isn't it?

Personally, I like being able to post some funny shitee, see what my friends, family, and teenage schoolmates, who are scattered all over the world (all 121 of them) are up to, and check it every couple of days.  It brings the Boomboxery Facebook page right to my phone, where I can see some funny shite that those guys, most of whom don't come around here, post. They skip this place.  Why I don't know. It seems to be two different crowds. 

I like both.

I'm not suggesting that by disparaging Facebook you're belittling that boombox crowd, of which I'm a part.  I'm just saying that it's not so bad if you just ignore the idiots and try and be a little smarter with your information.  If you have something to hide or don't want people to know... or are just naturally paranoid...don't post it.  Me, I'm an open fooking book.  I just simply don't give a fook what all those trolls, bots, and fake accounts think about someone like me who has a real life.  I don't want their life... they should be so lucky as to have mine, lmfao.

I can use a fooking belly laugh every day, and I don't mind giving one out, either.

Yeah, now I'm talking about Freddy, lol.  Dude's a riot.   :lol:

If you're not on there, it really doesn't concern you, now does it?  Having huge, simplistic opinions about all us deplorables that do use it...and how evil it is, well, jeez...it almost sounds like you feel kinda superior to the unwashed masses that do.  Not being on Facebook doesn't necessarily make you one of the cool kids...nor does being on there....or here.

Of course, time keeps ticking and the world keeps turning when you leave Facebook.  It does for us still on Facebook when you leave, too.

Chill out and lighten up.  Smh, smdh...

Yeah, I'm talking 'bout Freddy, lol. 

#32 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,097 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

You guys do realize that this site we're on IS social media, right?  I mean, implying that here, in our gated community, we're so much cooler than the riff-raff is kinda elitist, isn't it?

Personally, I like being able to post some funny shiteeee, see what my friends, family, and teenage schoolmates, who are scattered all over the world (all 121 of them) are up to, and check it every couple of days.  It brings the Boomboxery Facebook page right to my phone, where I can see some funny shiteee that those guys, most of whom don't come around here, post. They skip this place.  Why I don't know. It seems to be two different crowds. 

I like both.

I'm not suggesting that by disparaging Facebook you're belittling that boombox crowd, of which I'm a part.  I'm just saying that it's not so bad if you just ignore the idiots and try and be a little smarter with your information.  If you have something to hide or don't want people to know... or are just naturally paranoid...don't post it.  Me, I'm an open farking book.  I just simply don't give a fark what all those trolls, bots, and fake accounts think about someone like me who has a real life.  I don't want their life... they should be so lucky as to have mine, lmfao.

I can use a farking belly laugh every day, and I don't mind giving one out, either.

Yeah, now I'm talking about Freddy, lol.  Dude's a riot.   :lol:

If you're not on there, it really doesn't concern you, now does it?  Having huge, simplistic opinions about all us deplorables that do use it...and how evil it is, well, jeez...it almost sounds like you feel kinda superior to the unwashed masses that do.  Not being on Facebook doesn't necessarily make you one of the cool kids...nor does being on there....or here.

Of course, time keeps ticking and the world keeps turning when you leave Facebook.  It does for us still on Facebook when you leave, too.

Chill out and lighten up.  Smh, smdh...

Yeah, I'm talking 'bout Freddy, lol. 

Please do think of me as looking down my nose at the people who use FB, it's more of the way FB uses it's user's that I have a problem with. For every one person that has a handle on it all, there are millions that are being manipulated, even if you don't think that's true. 

Yes, this is social media, but it is a single celled amoeba compared to FB.  

#33 JustCruisin

JustCruisin
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

Great video Chris! Too bad most people don't have the attention span to watch the whole thing..:lol:

#34 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,667 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

Really we're just a few decades away from becoming cyborgs living within a hive-mind society.  And social media will be a big part of that.

The great music, films, etc. that came from the 60's and 70's?  Won't be possible anymore, because there won't be any nonconformists anymore.  Everyone will conform to society's expectations, because if they don't, everyone will know (since privacy won't exist), and they'll be blocked from getting good jobs, public service positions, insurance coverage, and everything else.  True creativity will cease to exist.  We're already seeing that in music.

#35 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,930 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

Not if I can help it.

#36 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,630 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

I just wish they would change the name from Facebook to government Spy book, or look at me book ,or I'm more important than you book ,or I got nothing in my life better to f****** do book.

Further name changes would include I want attention book stupid ass kids book Show and Tell book.
I hate the term social media it just sounds stupid. Back in my day social media was a rotary style telephone .

#37 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,097 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

#38 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:45 AM

No surprises here:

Facebook 'secretly allowed Netflix and Spotify to read users' private messages and shared YOUR personal data with Silicon Valley giants Amazon and Microsoft as recently as last summer', as the social media giant is hit with yet ANOTHER scandal.

*NY Times expose revealed Facebook granted access to hundreds of millions of users' data to 150 companies

*Netflix, Spotify, Royal Bank of Canada could read, write, and delete Facebook users' private messages

*Sony, Microsoft, and Amazon could all obtain users' email addresses through their friends as recently as last year  

*Facebook gave companies this access even if its users had disabled all data sharing on their profile

(Link to article)

#39 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,097 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:25 AM

No surprises here:

Facebook 'secretly allowed Netflix and Spotify to read users' private messages and shared YOUR personal data with Silicon Valley giants Amazon and Microsoft as recently as last summer', as the social media giant is hit with yet ANOTHER scandal.

*NY Times expose revealed Facebook granted access to hundreds of millions of users' data to 150 companies

*Netflix, Spotify, Royal Bank of Canada could read, write, and delete Facebook users' private messages

*Sony, Microsoft, and Amazon could all obtain users' email addresses through their friends as recently as last year  

*Facebook gave companies this access even if its users had disabled all data sharing on their profile

(Link to article)

Thanks for posting M.O.M., I clicked this link and got this!

So, even by trying to read this story, they are breaching my computer! The interesting thing is, I never AGREED to their privacy settings. I just started to read the story. Then a video popped up about Zuckerberg over the story, so when I clicked to close it, It said "THANK YOU FOR AGREEING!" Which I never did! These F**KERS!

Attached File  Screenshot 2018-12-21 11.24.08.png   219.75K   0 downloads

#40 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:54 AM

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ I get the same pop-up each time I visit the DM and many, many other sites, it's due to some EU privacy directive/diktat/order/decree/whatever.  I always block as much as I can on almost every site I visit, it sometimes takes only a couple of clicks but other sites only provide a choice of 'Accept' (all cookies and fkw other spyware) or a 'Manage' (cookies) option which is usually impossible to 'manage' due to the size & complexities of doing so so I give the any such sites The Big E.

They think if they make it darn difficult to opt out of all the sh1te they want to plant into my lappy then I'll concede defeat - these fools underestimate me as I abandon their sites with great satisfaction knowing I have lost nothing, given nothing away or offered them any encouragement whilst knowing all their efforts to con me have failed miserably.  The thing is, most sites think you'll do almost anything to gain access but, on the contrary, they just make it easier for me not to enter their site.

#41 ralrein1

ralrein1
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationShasta County in the real Northern Kalifornia

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:26 PM

Facebook..................never had it, never will.😃😃😃

#42 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,930 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

You would think that all these facebook scandals and the knowledge that FB only exist to traffic in your private information is enough to bring them down.  In fact, their stock values have been going down.  But ultimately, enough social-medialites probably are already so addicted that even though they know their privacy is compromised and sold yet they don't care, or certainly don't care enough to delete facebook.  I mean, every single God dang advertisement on facebook is a scam (and they know it too) but don't care and there's no way to report an ad so as long as facebook gets a share of the scam booty, they will continue to display those ads.  If you don't believe me, go ahead and buy any of those too good to believe stuff they advertised and report back.....  I'll say it now before you report... "Sorry".