Venice Beach 2018 "ALL CLASSIC BOOMBOX" Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
20180216_215310.jpg

Calling all Boombox collectors from far and near!

We would like to invite anyone and everyone to come join us out at Venice Beach California on Saturday March 31st. We will start it off near the basketball courts at 12:00PM or anytime after, for an ALL CLASSIC BOOMBOX mini meet in honor of our fellow Boomboxery brother James aka JustCruisin, who will be visiting us in all the way from Iowa. I beleive this will be his 1st time visiting Venice Beach so we want to welcome him with a proper meet!

Bring your favorite classic/oldschool boombox, or just stop by and say hello as we rock Venice Beach! We usually park near the tennis courts at 2100 Ocean Front Walk, Los Angeles, CA 90291, where North Venice Blvd ends (If you see the pay booth in the picture below you're there.

Family friendly as always! Plenty to do and see at Venice Beach if you wanna break away and see the sights, hope to see all of our Boomboxery family, and of course some new faces as well.

IMG_20180215_191454_258.jpg

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Sounds a blast!

I went there a good few years back...no boxes when I was there, would’ve been amazing to bump in to you lot! :-)

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
That DJ-Tech (lower right) blends right in with that old school crowd...hahaha. I love it. Lots of heavy hitters in that bunch. Looks like a blast (pun intended) :rock:

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Bad ass guys! Fly that flag high!
You know it Chris! Wish you we're here to join us bro, but hopefully your brother Will can make it out :chris920:

Northerner said:
Sounds a blast!

I went there a good few years back...no boxes when I was there, would’ve been amazing to bump in to you lot! :-)
Venice is the perfect place for a meet, we fit right in with the rest of the weird'os :lol:

Transistorized said:
That DJ-Tech (lower right) blends right in with that old school crowd...hahaha. I love it. Lots of heavy hitters in that bunch. Looks like a blast (pun intended) :rock:
Lol, yea that picture was from the last Venice meet where we had all types there, this time we'd like to focus on all classic's :thumbsup: Keep it nice and old school

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JustCruisin said:
You are correct, Steve..I've never been to the West Coast.. I'm excited! :breakdance:
Man, you are so West Coast it's not even funny! Your gonna fit in better than most of the people in Venice! LOL

SLO said:
You know it Chris! Wish you we're here to join us bro, but hopefully your brother Will can make it out :chris920:
I'll be representing the West Coast Crew in the UK that same weekend.

We're WORLD WIDE LIVE!
:dj-party:

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
You are correct, Steve..I've never been to the West Coast.. I'm excited! :breakdance:
Man, you are so West Coast it's not even funny! Your gonna fit in better than most of the people in Venice! LOL

SLO said:
I'll be representing the West Coast Crew in the UK that same weekend.

We're WORLD WIDE LIVE!
:dj-party:

:thumbsup: Worldwide is absolutely right!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I love that you are sticking to true ghettoblasters!

Have a great time JC!

neanderthal

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2016
Classic as in a proper boombox, not this modern bluetooth thingamajig, or classic as in old school one piece type.

I don't know if any of mine qualify as classics.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
JustCruisin said:
James JustCruisin is in California! Welcome to Cali James :-) Can't wait for this Saturday!
Ha, it's true..I am! Thanks! :thumbsup:
Glad to get away from this stuff too..
image.jpg
Man that looks COLD! We're gonna aend you back with a tan Lol

neanderthal said:
Classic as in a proper boombox, not this modern bluetooth thingamajig, or classic as in old school one piece type.

I don't know if any of mine qualify as classics.
As long as its from back in the day, and not a "bluetooth speaker". Im hoping we have all old school boxes in attendance :-)

Reli said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4-1eUjgG60
Nice video Hans!

Status
Not open for further replies.