Gf 767 power and cord question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafo0215

Member (SA)
Feb 14, 2018
I just bought this radio but It was being used in Italy. I plug the unit in to see if it works it work perfect. Now the question I have is the voltage is set to 220 do i risk damaging it without changing it to 110. How do I change it to 110 ? The ac cord is a little messed up where I can some wire exposed. Where can I get a replacement cord for this type of radio. I try checking Kawasaki ks- 20 didn’t find anything online. I don’t know much about radios but for sentimental reasons had a lot of good memories as a kid with this radio with my dad. I needed to have it.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
If the voltage you are using is 110 then that's what the voltage selector should be set for. Never plug it into 220 if its set at 110 , plugging it into 110 while its set on 220 will only cut the power down to half but 220 into 110 will burn it up.

There should be a hole in the back where the voltage selector is , just use a flat screwdriver to turn it to the right setting which is indicated on the selector switch.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Rafo0215 said:
I just bought this radio but It was being used in Italy. I plug the unit in to see if it works it work perfect. Now the question I have is the voltage is set to 220 do i risk damaging it without changing it to 110. How do I change it to 110 ? The ac cord is a little messed up where I can some wire exposed. Where can I get a replacement cord for this type of radio. I try checking Kawasaki ks- 20 didn’t find anything online. I don’t know much about radios but for sentimental reasons had a lot of good memories as a kid with this radio with my dad. I needed to have it.
Welcome to the forum.
Why not introduce yourself

Rafo0215

Member (SA)
Feb 14, 2018
Thank you. That did work. Now I just need to find a replacement cord.

My name is Randy. I’m 35 years old from uptown manhattan, NY. New to the boombox community. Glad to be here. My first boombox really excited about this new toy brings a lot of memories as a kid my dad blasting music in family bbq.

Rafo0215

Member (SA)
Feb 14, 2018
I found that my Vizio tv cord worked with no problem. The one that is like a 8 but one side is like a square. I’m using that one because that cord is rated for 110v. The cord it came with is a 220v. If anyone has a cord issues you can use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.