15 replies to this topic

#1 Brutus442

Brutus442
  • Members
  • 664 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

What can I say. I'm done.

I now have my last remaining grail in my hands. Did I find it ? No. The only thing I did was complain about how tough it was to find for a reasonable price. I truly figured that this last piece of my addiction would escape my grasp.

So I thought. It started from a simple message from our member Samovar. He simply said "If something comes from Japan, just accept it." 

Now the curiousity meter is off the charts. I have to wait for a mystery package from the land of the Rising Sun. Weeks pass and still nothing but a pleasant message from Nikonfoo saying that the package has cleared Canadian Customs. I don't want to leave the house in case it comes, but a few days pass, still nothing. Customs is doing their best to cause a heart attack.

Then one night I'm heading out for working and almost trip over a large package. I grab it and take it to work to open it as soon as I arrive. Work can wait!

Took it home the next morning and began to really play with it. Note the Japanese FM range.

Then I took it outside for some nice Toronto summertime pics. There's 20cm's of sunshine in these photos

I can't thank Samovar enough for this. I'm sure I'd have never found it and moaned on an on about it. However I now have this last remaining piece of my "must have" list in my hands and playing with it constantly.

This community is one of a kind. Samovar...thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm sending some genuine Toronto snow via courier to you as I have too much of it and would like to share it. 

P.S. This became an expensive thread to post. I cracked my wife's glass side table while shooting the pictures. So when (If?) the snow melts I'm on the hook for a new beverage table. Who cares...I have my Energy 99 now!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files

#2 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

A Sony CFS-99 ! Beautiful box and what a legend Sal is, a real gent. Not just for the gift but he is a general all round thoughtful, helpful kind soul. And a gift to you Geoff couldn't end up with a nicer bloke.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

#3 fromNKLwithlove

fromNKLwithlove
  • Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationFIN

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

Oh man, that's one cool boomer :cool:

#4 Brutus442

Brutus442
  • Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

A Sony CFS-99 ! Beautiful box and what a legend Sal is, a real gent. Not just for the gift but he is a general all round thoughtful, helpful kind soul. And a gift to you Geoff couldn't end up with a nicer bloke.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

You said it Tre. Sal is one of a kind.

Oh man, that's one cool boomer :cool:

I can't enough of it! I love it!

#5 samovar

samovar
  • Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:26 PM

Happy to read that my little present made its way to your turf in one piece! Sharing the joy of a friend who finally finds his grail is a unique experience. And Geoff (brutus442), like the other Geoff (nikonfoo) deserves the best. He's a wonderful person and a soulmate.

So enjoy your "Energy" my friend. I'll be waiting for the Torontonian snow you've just shipped. I have been missing it ever since I came back home a year and a half ago... :-)

(And Tre: thanks so very much for your very kind words. I hope one day to help you too fulfill your dreambox dream).

#6 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:46 AM

Sal again proves why we love him...such a good guy :-)

#7 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:01 AM

Wow what a gift !.
Giving happiness that's awesome .
she's a beauty and a beast .

#8 Hisrudeness

Hisrudeness
  • Members
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationSouth East London UK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:49 AM

Nice gesture and great pics

#9 DrmZ

DrmZ
  • Members
  • 319 posts
  • LocationNorthern Germany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

Very cool. I love the big Sonys.

The are even more rare in europe than overseas.

I dont think they sold them here.

#10 samovar

samovar
  • Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

Sony certainly sold the CFS 77 and 88 in Europe. I found both in my country and they are relatively easy finds in the continent. The 99 seems to be another story entirely. I can't say for sure that it didn't sell in Europe... what I know is that, after more than 6 years of research, I had to turn to Japan in order to get myself one (and one for my friend...)

#11 metalhandbag

metalhandbag
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  • Locationuk manchester

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

Excellent gesture Sal .

#12 dits

dits
  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • LocationAthens Greece

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Greatness ! Couldnt expect less from both of you Samovar and Brutus  :-)

#13 Brutus442

Brutus442
  • Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:00 PM

Thank you gents and thank you Sal. You know how long I've lusted after this.

If anyone has reservations about dealing with fellow members, I hope this thread serves as an example of just how good it can be! 

*now back to my new toy* :breakdance:

#14 Machaneus

Machaneus
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

I've already missed you guys! :yes: 

Had been registered here from 2014 ,re-registered today with my latest form. I have already expressed how much I like this topic,just want to add this thread is a jewel and each poster a diamond on it.

Cheers

Sotos

#15 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,327 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

Oh man, the 99 is a sweet box. What a Deck  :-O one of the best!

Sal is such a generous person.  :clap:  :hooray:

#16 Brutus442

Brutus442
  • Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

I've already missed you guys! :yes:

Had been registered here from 2014 ,re-registered today with my latest form. I have already expressed how much I like this topic,just want to add this thread is a jewel and each poster a diamond on it.

Cheers

Sotos

Thanks so much Sotos. It's good to see you here!

Oh man, the 99 is a sweet box. What a Deck  :-O one of the best!

Sal is such a generous person.  :clap:  :hooray:

You know it Chris! Sal is a guy who goes well above and beyond.  Sal is a true ambassador of our hobby, one of a kind!