From Italy With Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
What can I say. I'm done.

I now have my last remaining grail in my hands. Did I find it ? No. The only thing I did was complain about how tough it was to find for a reasonable price. I truly figured that this last piece of my addiction would escape my grasp.

So I thought. It started from a simple message from our member Samovar. He simply said "If something comes from Japan, just accept it."

Now the curiousity meter is off the charts. I have to wait for a mystery package from the land of the Rising Sun. Weeks pass and still nothing but a pleasant message from Nikonfoo saying that the package has cleared Canadian Customs. I don't want to leave the house in case it comes, but a few days pass, still nothing. Customs is doing their best to cause a heart attack.

Then one night I'm heading out for working and almost trip over a large package. I grab it and take it to work to open it as soon as I arrive. Work can wait!

Took it home the next morning and began to really play with it. Note the Japanese FM range.

Then I took it outside for some nice Toronto summertime pics. There's 20cm's of sunshine in these photos

I can't thank Samovar enough for this. I'm sure I'd have never found it and moaned on an on about it. However I now have this last remaining piece of my "must have" list in my hands and playing with it constantly.

This community is one of a kind. Samovar...thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm sending some genuine Toronto snow via courier to you as I have too much of it and would like to share it.

P.S. This became an expensive thread to post. I cracked my wife's glass side table while shooting the pictures. So when (If?) the snow melts I'm on the hook for a new beverage table. Who cares...I have my Energy 99 now!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
A Sony CFS-99 ! Beautiful box and what a legend Sal is, a real gent. Not just for the gift but he is a general all round thoughtful, helpful kind soul. And a gift to you Geoff couldn't end up with a nicer bloke.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
T-STER said:
A Sony CFS-99 ! Beautiful box and what a legend Sal is, a real gent. Not just for the gift but he is a general all round thoughtful, helpful kind soul. And a gift to you Geoff couldn't end up with a nicer bloke.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You said it Tre. Sal is one of a kind.
fromNKLwithlove said:
Oh man, that's one cool boomer :cool:
I can't enough of it! I love it!

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
Happy to read that my little present made its way to your turf in one piece! Sharing the joy of a friend who finally finds his grail is a unique experience. And Geoff (brutus442), like the other Geoff (nikonfoo) deserves the best. He's a wonderful person and a soulmate.

So enjoy your "Energy" my friend. I'll be waiting for the Torontonian snow you've just shipped. I have been missing it ever since I came back home a year and a half ago... :-)

(And Tre: thanks so very much for your very kind words. I hope one day to help you too fulfill your dreambox dream).

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
Sony certainly sold the CFS 77 and 88 in Europe. I found both in my country and they are relatively easy finds in the continent. The 99 seems to be another story entirely. I can't say for sure that it didn't sell in Europe... what I know is that, after more than 6 years of research, I had to turn to Japan in order to get myself one (and one for my friend...)

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Thank you gents and thank you Sal. You know how long I've lusted after this.

If anyone has reservations about dealing with fellow members, I hope this thread serves as an example of just how good it can be!

*now back to my new toy* :breakdance:

Machaneus

Feb 16, 2018
I've already missed you guys! :yes:
Had been registered here from 2014 ,re-registered today with my latest form. I have already expressed how much I like this topic,just want to add this thread is a jewel and each poster a diamond on it.
Cheers
Sotos

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Machaneus said:
I've already missed you guys! :yes:
Had been registered here from 2014 ,re-registered today with my latest form. I have already expressed how much I like this topic,just want to add this thread is a jewel and each poster a diamond on it.
Cheers
Sotos
Thanks so much Sotos. It's good to see you here!

Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Oh man, the 99 is a sweet box. What a Deck :-O one of the best!

Sal is such a generous person. :clap: :hooray:
You know it Chris! Sal is a guy who goes well above and beyond. Sal is a true ambassador of our hobby, one of a kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.