March Meet in Northern UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
The time is drawing nearer to the 2nd Boombox meet in the UK. Friday 30th March and Saturday the 31st . This time the event will be at the north end of the country in Manchester.

For more information, visit the official thread HERE. If you think you can make it and will be traveling from abroad, there are plenty of hotels in the area.

Manchester boombo meet.jpg

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
I’ll be there :-)
Me too :thumbsup:
Chris, how easy/difficult is it to make that trip from Italy? Does it compare at all to trips around the states? Easier? Harder? Or maybe just different?

Traveling to neighboring countries is very easy especially in the European Union because it is like going from state to state in the fact that you don't need to do security checks at every boarding (in the union). It's also very cheap. I have been using EASYJET (which is the toilette airline of Europe :lol: ) and they have super cheap rates. I see 24 hour specials like $14 to Turkey, $27 to Germany.

HOWEVER :blink: Since the Brit's have decided to opt out of the Union :bang: , I have to go through the full rubber glove in and out of the UK and it cost's allot more. My wife and I are wrapping a full vacation around this meet. So it will include a trip back to London, out to all the tourist trap sites, then up to Manchester for the meet, then on to Amsterdam :weed: and home.

Hurb

Member (SA)
May 8, 2012
Amsterdam, Netherlands
pinterest.com
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Chris, how easy/difficult is it to make that trip from Italy? Does it compare at all to trips around the states? Easier? Harder? Or maybe just different?

Traveling to neighboring countries is very easy especially in the European Union because it is like going from state to state in the fact that you don't need to do security checks at every boarding (in the union). It's also very cheap. I have been using EASYJET (which is the toilette airline of Europe :lol: ) and they have super cheap rates. I see 24 hour specials like $14 to Turkey, $27 to Germany.

HOWEVER :blink: Since the Brit's have decided to opt out of the Union :bang: , I have to go through the full rubber glove in and out of the UK and it cost's allot more. My wife and I are wrapping a full vacation around this meet. So it will include a trip back to London, out to all the tourist trap sites, then up to Manchester for the meet, then on to Amsterdam :weed: and home.

Great vacation you've got planned Chris! We'll have to meet in Amsterdam and or in my Boom Room!! Let me know some details and we'll see if can get something organized!!

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
SLO said:
Sounds like a blast guys, we are also planning another meet on March 31st out here, maybe we can do back and forth live streaming or somethin :-)
Cool idea. I think there’s a big time difference but that would be a great thing if we manage it.

bredgeo

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
France
I would love to.... but, (yes I have a "But")...

Money...

and we have to go to the south of France in March, as well... for one of my sister-in-law's birthday.

So, Bday and Bbox meet... my wife has got me by the balls!

Her sister will come first (which is quite understandable), thus won't have the money for the meet.

I am trying to push for both, but the lottery would be my only way to financially be able too, not a lot, just 500 quid would do!!!!

:'-( :'-( :'-( :'-( :'-( :-/

Hurb

Member (SA)
May 8, 2012
Amsterdam, Netherlands
pinterest.com
bredgeo said:

Money...

and we have to go to the south of France in March, as well... for one of my sister-in-law's birthday.

Her sister will come first (which is quite understandable), thus won't have the money for the meet.

I am trying to push for both, but the lottery would be my only way to financially be able too, not a lot, just 500 quid would do!!!!

That sucks! Just arrange a French meet in summer and we'll forget this happened :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Hurb said:

Great vacation you've got planned Chris! We'll have to meet in Amsterdam and or in my Boom Room!! Let me know some details and we'll see if can get something organized!!

We'll talk in Manchester, maybe we can make that happen! :thumbsup:

bredgeo said:

Money...

Did someone say there is a meet in France :w00t:

Sure would be great to meet up with you bregeo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.