is there another way to see them?
my email is stedenus@gmail.com
mye email password is mizuno86

i tried refresh button ?

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Stedly why do you insist on sharing your email password in all your replies?

I smell shenanigans here, apart from the security risk no one would share their password repeatedly especially after being told numerous times not to.

Superduper

Member (SA)
T-STER said:
Stedly why do you insist on sharing your email password in all your replies?

I smell shenanigans here, apart from the security risk no one would share their password repeatedly especially after being told numerous times not to.
I agree. He's already been told about that. Something just does not seem right with that fella.

pabaker said:
I have 2 sharp gf777s and one of them is the z model. Am I the only one that feels as if the z has a weaker tuner?
So, you have 2 boomboxes that are each almost 40 years old. And one version has a weaker tuner. And the weaker tuning example also happens to be a Z suffixed version. So your conclusion is that the reason MUST be that all Z models have weaker tuners?

That would be like saying I have 2 1980 Honda accords. One of them does not go as fast as the other one. The slower one also happens to be silver color. Am I the only one that feels like silver Honda Accords has weaker engines?

Think about your question for a bit.

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
It not the tuner it's the Aerial. You can lose a few db with every connection in the circuit.

pabaker

Member (SA)
Apr 18, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the response super duper. That is not how I formed my conclusion. I had 2 z models and compared them to the h I have and neither of the Z models pulled in stations nearly as well as the H. I should have probably included that in my post, but I got rid of one of the Z models. And you are absolutely right, something is not right with that fella.

Superduper

Member (SA)
pabaker said:
Thanks for the response super duper. That is not how I formed my conclusion. I had 2 z models and compared them to the h I have and neither of the Z models pulled in stations nearly as well as the H. I should have probably included that in my post, but I got rid of one of the Z models. And you are absolutely right, something is not right with that fella.
Ok, if you read between the lines, what I’m trying to state is that these Boomboxes are 40 years old and performance will always vary between examples due to the past conditions that each example may have seen in their 4 decades of existence, and caution should be exercised when drawing conclusions for an entire model based on observations from specific examples out of perhaps hundreds of thousands, if not millions. As to your question, I own a z model and I also have an h model and no, I don’t observe any discernible difference in their receiving capacity. More than likely, the weak examples you have are suffering from some component degradation in the tuner or requires some alignment adjustment which is not uncommon in analog tuners this old to have some drift from specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.