Xmas boomboxes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugpat

Member (SA)
Hi all, and an happy new year to everyone !

Just before XMas my GF asked me if I could "sonorize" the bathroom !
That was the right excuse to buy a box, so I found a nice Philips D8414 for penuts on the Bay (needed a small box to put in the only place still available in the bathroom, you know girls... :lol: ). This box is in mint condition, looks new without any mark, and surprisingly has a good sound for a "tone only" box.

5 days later we were at a big flea market where I found this Hitachi TRK-9100. Very dirty, missing its antenna, but the guy asked me 4€ for it, so... :yes:

I cleaned and tested it, everything is working as expected, even the deck. I will restore and respray it later...
And before I left the vendor, he gave me for nothing this Philips D-8534. Radio is OK, but the deck doesn't work on play (only FF and rewind), it must have the broken gear problem like a lot of boxes from Philips do... 2 boxes for 4€ :w00t:

The handle is broken and 2 sliders are missing. I will restore it too if I can find these missing parts ! Will ask in "Parts Wanted" soon :-D

bugpat

Member (SA)
Yep, she was !
And as I plugged the box with the light switch, she was afraid a few times while going to the bathroom at night, suddendly hearing music coming from nowhere ! I should make a tape with 1 min of blank noise, then something like "I AM YOUR FATHER shhhhhhhhhhh", and let the box on play... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.