Observation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Whats better than an M70? Two M70's :thumbsup:

No seriously. There are some models that may prompt collectors to purchase doubles, UK and Euro spec models sometimes have no line in vs US ones do for instance. Sometimes a box is very prevalent in certain countries and collectors will pick up extras for trading, sometimes people love a box enough than one is just not enough...

Not into doubles myself as they take up valuable space for other models but i do have a couple m70's, a couple 950's and a couple Goldstar 580's.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
T-STER said:
Whats better than an M70? Two M70's :thumbsup:

No seriously. There are some models that may prompt collectors to purchase doubles, UK and Euro spec models sometimes have no line in vs US ones do for instance. Sometimes a box is very prevalent in certain countries and collectors will pick up extras for trading, sometimes people love a box enough than one is just not enough...

Not into doubles myself as they take up valuable space for other models but i do have a couple m70's, a couple 950's and a couple Goldstar 580's.
All of the above. Just bought another Aiwa TRK 990 because of the rca options.
Most of the doubles I have are because I have a soft spot for them, however eventually common sense takes over and I sell or trade the duplicates out.

I’ll do a list later in the year but will have doubles like Big Ben, 5350, Aiwa 990, Tosh S90, Sony 580, Sanyo 9998 and 7880.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
To make my wife sigh.... :smooch:

I usually have multiples of boxes I really enjoy because they are either branded differently or are different to some degree. I cannot speak to the ones who have 10 or more of the exact same box. I only have two of any model I own but this is because they are different to some degree (color, badging, etc.). I also usually have a parts box on standby for my favorite models so parts can be used if a malfunction occurs.I want to guarantee that my favorite boxes will be playing tunes up to the day where I either can't hear it or know who I am anymore :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
My duplicates are all of ones where I happened upon a good deal for a second one and couldn’t resist. Think I’ve only maybe 4 duplicates left and I only intend to retain 2. Two M70’s because I love it and want a spare just in case lol. And two Sharp GF9000’s because the first one has a good story behind it and I spent many many hours rebuilding it :-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The deal was too good or just because multiples of the same blaster make a fan freeakin tastic wall!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Sometimes a multiples can make an attractive display and this will also ensure a box is held in good hands. Better to have multis than leave a box to an uncertain future or disposal to a tip.

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
By chance its the best way to fix one by learning from the other, who knows you may even get both working.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Good point hopey. I've been able to fix some this way because one had been molested by a prior owner and the other one was still pristine inside, letting me see how things should look.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
caution said:
Good point hopey. I've been able to fix some this way because one had been molested by a prior owner and the other one was still pristine inside, letting me see how things should look.
Done this exact same thing :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
docs said:
Me, personally, I prefer just the one ideally, but as has been said, if a sweet deal comes along...
Same for me, display space is limited, so I have stuck with one model of each, but do have 3 Lasonic TRC-920's, for obvious reasons :-D :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.