Fight the Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
In the battle of large boxes that "Fight the Power" it is a great day to be alive. Technology might be extreme in some cases but very much helpful in others. When you have large boxes you need Power. I don't like the idea of being tethered to a cord. Just doesn't let you enjoy the box the way it was intended.

But D batteries (then and still) are expensive, leaving you to try and locate that one special place (outdoors or indoors) where you can plug in.

While expensive in the short term (price wise) these will SAVE YOU in the long term. Especially if you demand extended playback that rivals the traditional Alkaline battery with a way less chance of leakage (if ever). Even if left for years in your blaster.

Just got another 10 of these for Christmas. I now have 30. This means I can grab just about any machine off the shelf, go to the B-Ball court or any outside event and know that I have an EASY 14 hour playback with 100s of reliable recharge cycles.

If you haven't tried them you really should get these with a good smart charger. You will be glad you did. With 10,000mAh you have the same or better playback time per charge than a standard Alkaline battery. You can tell they are packed with power. They weigh the same as an Alkaline battery. Not prone to leaking they're great!

Anyone else use these?

20171226_183717.jpg

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
All that puts me off these are the mickey mouse chargers, i would want to charge 10 in one charger but for sure these are great :-)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Transistorized said:
I hear ya. I can only charge 4 at a time :-( Takes me 2 days to get a set of 10 ready to go
That sucks dude....i have 1 10 battery charger here somewhere it's an old one and wouldn't be suitable for these

Dbzerk

Member (SA)
Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne Australia
Transistorized said:
I hear ya. I can only charge 4 at a time :-( Takes me 2 days to get a set of 10 ready to go
Ever since reading up on your previous posts about these Batts I've been looking for larger capacity chargers. Best I could find is an 8 bay charger on ebay, it claims to suit the batts but I'm not sure if it's a smart charger. Either way.. I'm going down this path based on your feedback.. Thanks

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I have 10 of these also the adapters that let you use a aa battery inside of a d cell holder.
They take forever to charge but are worth it , I just wish I had more .

The conion kills batteries faster than any other boombox I've owned.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I use them too, they start off at like 1.35 volts fully charged, which is more than they promised.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk

Attachments

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
i use tenergys
--
but wait till panasonic ENELOOPS are made in D sze
--their AAs are better than the tenergy AAs

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
redbenjoe said:
i use tenergys
--
but wait till panasonic ENELOOPS are made in D sze
--their AAs are better than the tenergy AAs
Panasonic is making really good batteries these days. I am fairly sure that they make the cells running Tesla Motor Cars

Reli said:
I use them too, they start off at like 1.35 volts fully charged, which is more than they promised.
That's what I noticed. I usually see the same. Anywhere from 1.35 to 1.37 fresh off the charger

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
Think the cells themselves are fine, like Reno said in the UK we usually get palmed off with mickey mouse chargers that cannot charge more than 4 cells at a time - the higher spec chargers for 10 cells are a complete con!! I guess gurgle is your friend nowadays but in the 80's & 90's things were grim here :afro:

stedly

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2016
Do yuo know of a user named @howbaker?

hiadvdy my email password is vazlm481
stedenus@gmail.com

how do i upload my boombox photos from linux notebook? do you use one?

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
On my other batch of batteries I accidentally let 2 cells get to 0 volts which is a no no on Ni-MH but they bounced back and seemed to have charged up just fine. I have learned from experience that Ni-MH batteries start to suffer damage when taken below 0.9volts. The longer they sit there the worse the damage will be. Fortunately these 2 D cells weren't at 0 volts but for more than an hour at most. Hope they survive

Status
Not open for further replies.