• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ford93

ford93
  • Members
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationFormer New Yorker

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

Wow this is a first to see a Telefunken Studio 1M and with it's original box.

Check it:

https://www.ebay.com...YQAAOSwa3BaPWxJ

#2 Dbzerk

Dbzerk
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

Woah

It always makes me wonder the story of how a box like that and others got to the point where it just sat there new, never used and in original packaging...

#3 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:03 PM

Blimey original box!!

#4 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Well to be fair, it only says "like new".  I bet it's been used at least a few times.   It's not difficult to keep a box in mint condition for 35 years, especially a Telefunken which likely stays indoors on a shelf all the time.  It's the ones that were used in bars and cafe's that get all messed up.

#5 restocat

restocat
  • Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico, USA

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

Looks nice. Although, If I had a box for sale for 2500$, I would be sure that all the features work before listing it.

“I can’'t test all the features. ”
“No refunds. No returns.”
“must sacrifice one goat per month , or the tape curse comes back.”
“If you bet, you agree with my conditions.”

Ok, maybe I added a bit, But really, who would buy a car on those terms?

#6 Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller
  • Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, Russia

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

But really, who would buy a car on those terms?

Not me. :)

#7 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

The Russians have been trying to fix prices lately, lol

#8 Rimmer36

Rimmer36
  • Members
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

im just glad i have most of the boxes i need lol

#9 stereomad

stereomad
  • Members
  • 382 posts
  • Locationcrawley

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:20 AM

This guy is on drugs just like most of these Russian guys demanding stupid unrealistic prices, I was recently in a bidding war against a Russian on a boxed national rx-7200 from Japan and it got to the point where I thought it was at what it's worth and stopped bidding, I was bidding to keep it as part of my collection and new he was bidding for resale!
Well surprise surprise it was on the bay a few weeks later for money only a mad man would pay!
The Russians are depriving true collectors of nice boxes at nice prices!

#10 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:33 AM

The bad thing is once us old geezers croak the next generation wouldnt even pay $ 50.00 for these.

These guys make it cheaper to build a time machine and just go back and buy it new for less.

I can see it now old ass motherfukers who buy this shiat tying to explain to their grandkids what farking Dolby is.

#11 Transistorized

Transistorized
  • Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

The bad thing is once us old geezers croak the next generation wouldnt even pay $ 50.00 for these.

These guys make it cheaper to build a time machine and just go back and buy it new for less.

I can see it now old ass motherfukers who buy this shiat tying to explain to their grandkids what farking Dolby is.

This is what kinda scares me. I've got a lot invested in my machines mostly. Hoping if I need the money in the future I won't have to take much of a butt whoopin.

Until then I guess I won't worry too much. For right now I have them to enjoy but prices like what's being asked for that box... no thanks. I want one I can listen to not one that I have to keep in a vacuum sealed chamber out of UV light for fear of damage. Even so the caps are 30 years old and I am sure will be gone entirely in another 15 to 20 at most.