m70 redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I'll get straight to the point guys you know me lol

years ago before the days of boomboxery when there was just stereo2go most people i knew didn't rate the m70, it was all about the m90 and most of the members there slagged off the m70 (true) some said eggs even sounded better than the m70...

me having multiple m90's thought there was no need for the m70 so i just went along with them .....

about 3 years ago i bought an m70 that admittedly was in poor condition but all the sliders and the important things worked but the sound was meh...m70 slagging off was justified fully at this point then about 2 days later the amps blew (i later found out there was an Arial jammed inside which shorted out and blew up the radio...hate campaign now fully justified lol

move on to 2 weeks ago...an m70 appeared on the bay SERVICED for £300, so i thought id take the pi$$ and offer £200 lol

damn 5 minuites later the seller excepted my offer...i didn't know weather to laugh or cry....dammit i had to pay £200 for an m70 which i bloody hated lol....the m70 then shows up 2 weeks later...plugged her in and i wasn't overly impressed...so on with a service including the record bar and all the sliders.......................................................................

DAMN THIS THING ONLY FLIPPIN ROCKS guys...it's powerful with crisp highs and the bass is great....it's no m90 but then it's not meant to be...iv tested it against some of my eggs and it shames the damed things lol

so guys apologies to you all, there will be no more m70 hating from me...are they worth the silly prices they seem to go for...No but then what box is ehh....end of post im converted after all these years haha...god bless happy xmas :-) :-D

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I refoamed a set of m70 woofers and put them in one of my crappy boxes ,let me say they ****ing thump . now I have to take em out because their too good for that box.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
What box did you install them in Floyd Lad....mine don't need a re foam but do you think doing this may add a deeper bass as there would be more suspension for the speakers to move

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I put them in my kings point PS 410 .it has some power but the sound quality sucks so I tried the m70 woofers and the bass is just killer awesome .

Putting modern foam surrounds on m70 woofers makes a gigantic diffence for the better.

After seeing what these foams did for the m70 I can say the
m90 would be phenomenal with better surrounds. I think the m90 cone travel is too limtted and these speakers can do much more.

The only reason I refoamed them was because the edges were torn
and it to took me a while to even hear what they sound but it was well worth it and if I had an m70 I would do the same because it works and is an improvement.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
JVC Floyd said:
I put them in my kings point PS 410 .it has some power but the sound quality sucks so I tried the m70 woofers and the bass is just killer awesome .

Putting modern foam surrounds on m70 woofers makes a gigantic diffence for the better.

After seeing what these foams did for the m70 I can say the
m90 would be phenomenal with better surrounds. I think the m90 cone travel is too limtted and these speakers can do much more.

The only reason I refoamed them was because the edges were torn
and it to took me a while to even hear what they sound but it was well worth it and if I had an m70 I would do the same because it works and is an improvement.
Thanks buddy, i think you have sold me...im not sure i could do an m90 though, my eyes are totally failing me now but the grilles come off the m70 so i think im gunna give this a go on a bright day as i have the correct foams here :thumbsup:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I almost don't wanna see you mess with that m70 if it ain't broke don't fix it lol.hell I was sweating bullets just putting belts on the gf 9000 .

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I may leave leave it bro lol....i had all the guts out servicing it and i nearly killed it then lol....put a trance tape in and im sold lad....fark any eggs they don't compare to this, it's half the size of an m90 and nearly as brutal....i have some perfect replacement speakers that could go in but there is no clearance for the magnets unlike the m90.....if it ain't broke leave it alone lol

JVC Floyd said:
I almost don't wanna see you mess with that m70 if it ain't broke don't fix it lol.hell I was sweating bullets just putting belts on the gf 9000 .
I may leave leave it bro lol....i had all the guts out servicing it and i nearly killed it then lol....put a trance tape in and im sold lad....fark any eggs they don't compare to this, it's half the size of an m90 and nearly as brutal....i have some perfect replacement speakers that could go in but there is no clearance for the magnets unlike the m90.....if it ain't broke leave it alone lol

pabaker said:
I love the sound of the m70, its not dynamic but very warm and balanced.
all hail the m70 haha.....i haven't compared it to things like my aiwa 770 880 but i think she is just as good with more power

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
The things I do ,I do because I don't give a **** . most people do care so they are more cautious about experiments lol.

Trust me as ****ed up and beat down as my m70 was I had no problem selling it lol
they basically sell themselves that's the sign of greatness.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
JVC Floyd said:
The things I do ,I do because I don't give a fark . most people do care so they are more cautious about experiments lol.

Trust me as farked up and beat down as my m70 was I had no problem selling it lol
they basically sell themselves that's the sign of greatness.
id be gutted if i blew it up now lad lol on the other hand i trashed that s90 my biggest mist mistake of the year but do i give a fark naaaaa lol they look no where near as good in the flesh lad, the speakers look all wrong...hey how about some s90 speakers in the m70 lol

Northerner said:
Thanks frick for that! About bleedin time lol
i know, you told me over and over lol, im prolly wrong lad but i think this is better than the sanyo 920 :yes:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Might not work as the m70 has 8 ohm woofers.
What I would do is look for a beater m70 to experiment on now that you love these lol.
Its like having a sleazy version of a classy woman to experiment with lol.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Rimmer36 said:
i know, you told me over and over lol, im prolly wrong lad but i think this is better than the sanyo 920 :yes:
Alright steady on sunshine.....

I'm glad you have come round to the M70. Its like Floyd Mayweather, whether you like it or not there is no denying its greatness.

As for M70 vs 920, your comparing a banzai Japanese drift car to a BMW M5, completely different but both awesome.... the 920 is sexy and it knows it.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
T-STER said:
Alright steady on sunshine.....

I'm glad you have come round to the M70. Its like Floyd Mayweather, whether you like it or not there is no denying its greatness.

As for M70 vs 920, your comparing a banzai Japanese drift car to a BMW M5, completely different but both awesome.... the 920 is sexy and it knows it.

love the 920 it's a keeper for sure :-)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
JVC Floyd said:
This 920 is one of the clearest sounding boxes , it might not have a lot of bass but the overall sound quality is great.
Totally agree and i paid a fortune for the privilege lol....to me though the 920 isn't about the sound it's about it's stunning looks

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
All the Sanyo M9994, M9996, M9998, MX720, MX920 etc all have superior sound quality IMHO. Nice bass but not necessarily the outright power to maintain the bass into the upper reaches of the volume control. Great, long listening session boxes particularly for near field, indoor use. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.