• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members
  • 3,162 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:13 AM

I think this is starting to sound like a project for a legacy manufacturer like Panasonic who wanted to revisit one of their own models from their distant past.

#32 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

Hey Guys,

I've read all this. I will try to answer what I can after the first of the year as I have family in town until them. I hope you all have a great holiday season

#33 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

If Bumpboxx was afraid they'd lose money, then I think they're short-sighting themselves, because they could have easily charged a much higher price for Chris' box if it was built the way I know he wanted it be built.

Look at how much Diamondboxx gets for their boxes, even though they are so plain-looking.

They are also short-sighting themselves if they think only Boomboxery members would have purchased it.  That is incorrect.  If it was marketed correctly, it could have easily expanded Bumpboxx's customer base into new demographic groups and personalities.

#34 caution

caution
  • Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

I think this is starting to sound like a project for a legacy manufacturer like Panasonic who wanted to revisit one of their own models from their distant past.

Aiwa seems like good candidate, they even sent promo stuff for our Vegas meet.

I wonder if Lasonic might be worth reaching out to as well, who knows what they'd say.

You'd think the big boys would've figure out by now that throwback products are moneymakers these days.

#35 ford93

ford93
  • Members
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationFormer New Yorker

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Hey Chris,

We thank you for your passion and sorry to hear about the news.

You gave it a shot at least and unfortunately it's always cost that drives corporations and not the dream.

You're a true Boombox fan and should be proud of your efforts just as you did on those marathons running for a cure for cancer. I donated at that time not for them but to root for you brother.

#36 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,658 posts
  • LocationIn the middle of nowhere!!

Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

After all your hard efforts Chris I do hope they reimburse you for all your time and trouble.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bumpboxx Classic, Bumpboxx, Classic, Bumpbox