Hello from Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilroy-71

Member (SA)
Nov 4, 2017
Sweden
Greetings everybody on the board! I have found a lot of useful information here when restoring my boomboxes. So thank you all!

For me it all started just a few months ago, when I found a Sharp GF-8585 for a bargain price corresponding to $15. The Sharp reminded me of those big boomboxes I always dreamt of when I was a little boy. I remember those shelves in the radio store that were filled with impressive boomboxes...

Oh, well. I could not of course resist to buy the Sharp. The tape player was not working, but that was ok as I like to repair stuff. The Sharp has now been cleaned up and almost completely repaired. The rubber tube around the capstan pin had turned into goo and it has been replaced. The pinch roller still needs to be cleaned properly and softened. After that I have got two more boomboxes that I have been repairing. I will try to post some pictures later on.

I am not in for collecting specific brands or anything. The fun part is restoring old neglected boomboxes and see them come back to life. It feels very satisfying! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.