Lasonic i931bt no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicyv

Member (SA)
Nov 24, 2017
I recently got my hands on a 2nd hand lasonic i931bt that has never been used, it's a US import, there's a switch on the back to change it from 110v to 240v, I set it to 240v bought a plug adapter and plugged it in, it switched on all the Led's are working but there's no sound.
Any advice would be appreciated

Juicyv

Member (SA)
Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, tried batteries, same result but plugged my headphones in and the sound came through them fine so now I'm confused

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Juicyv said:
Yeah sorry think I've put on twice!
NP. Hope you are able to get it playing.

I have the i931x version. It came out prior to the BT version. Was eventually thinking about possibly selling it as I never use it. Haven't completely made up my mind about it though.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
I used to play it around the house. It's been sitting in the bedroom collecting dust as of lately. I have the original box in the closet that it came in and all. After I got my Bumpboxx and the DJ-Tech box with Bluetooth I started using it less and less. It's probably been sitting for 4 months without use.

Juicyv

Member (SA)
Nov 24, 2017
When working 😊 do they sound ok? I like the look of the dj tech box not sure they're available in the uk

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
This is open to any one persons opinion but IMO they're loud as heck but they lack depth (bass). They're a great box if you want an inexpensive, flashy and loud portable.

As far as cosmetics....The decals are delicate. If you leave it in your car on a nice summer day or anywhere where the box will get warm the decals will ALL peel off. Mine did but fortunately I was able to get with the company really fast and order a new set of decals before they ended production of my model.

If you want a loud box (when you get it working) it covers that. Quality of sound....eh...but then again I'm spoiled with my Bumpboxx and large classics. If you don't have a true large classic to compare it to it is acceptable but once you hear a M90, C100 or any of the 80's larger boxes that were built with quality in mind you will set it aside on sound quality. If you are looking for boxes with Bluetooth ability built in the DJ-Tech was a great sounding box at 299.99 but unfortunately they stopped making/selling this box last year so you would need to find a used one for sale.

Again, for the price..you can't get a louder flashier box so in that aspect its great :-) Hope this helps

Juicyv

Member (SA)
Nov 24, 2017
Thanks transistorized for all your help, finally got a chance to take the back off and got it working, sorry I'm not very technical but it might be what you said was the speaker output harness, it was a small white plug, that the speaker wires go into, that wasn't in it's socket.
An easy fix!!
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.