• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shortstuff

Shortstuff
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationWoodinville, Wa.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

"CD IT" (high bias 90 min.) made by SONY is in my opionoin the best quality "consumer based cassette tape" made to record, and or play back! A nice clean sure-fire play-back sound as long as one records from an original quality source to begin with! 

I know as I did this 15 years off the radio from my Sony TC-W320 dual cassette deck. I have 2 of these and are glad I purchased them at F.M. in 1999! HAH all gone...

#2 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

I used to use Sony UX Turbo tapes, simply because of their smooth shell and thin case.  But it seems most audiophiles prefer Maxell or TDK.  But I didn't care, because back in those days I didn't have any true hi-fi gear, so buying the best tapes was pointless.

Attached File  UX Turbo Sony.jpg   40.48K   0 downloads

#3 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

That's interesting, I have a bunch of these Sony CD It's but admit I have never tried recording to them. Might have to give them a shot.

#4 Ghettoboom767

Ghettoboom767
  • Members
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationN.W. Tn.

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:04 PM

TDK MA-R metal case reference tapes!! Can't hardly get any better!!😮😎🎶🎼📻

#5 Norm1968

Norm1968
  • Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

This is what I like to use to record my tunes... sound is very good but I use these mostly cause they look realy cool!! 😎

Attached Files

#6 Barb Bush

Barb Bush
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

TDK MA-R metal case reference tapes!! Can't hardly get any better!!

Indeed, this is the best tape with metal alloy frame. 

7586864728_a4466d7703_b.jpg

#7 Transistorized

Transistorized
  • Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

Still using my Maxell XLII's. My JVC TD-W354 loves them :-)

#8 Ghettoboom767

Ghettoboom767
  • Members
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationN.W. Tn.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

TDK MA-R metal case reference tapes!! Can't hardly get any better!!

Indeed, this is the best tape with metal alloy frame.

7586864728_a4466d7703_b.jpg
Ah yes,I have many and they are so nice! I remember paying 15-17.00 a tape back in 85-87'!!😮😎📻

#9 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,259 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

I used to use Sony UX Turbo tapes, simply because of their smooth shell and thin case.  But it seems most audiophiles prefer Maxell or TDK.  But I didn't care, because back in those days I didn't have any true hi-fi gear, so buying the best tapes was pointless.

attachicon.gifUX Turbo Sony.jpg

Exactly what in the formula of this tape makes it better for car stereos? Is it because you can't hear the horrible hiss and sound quality due to the road noise?

I think the marketing department needs some unpaid days off  :thumbsdown:

#10 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:12 AM

attachicon.gifUX Turbo Sony.jpg

Exactly what in the formula of this tape makes it better for car stereos? Is it because you can't hear the horrible hiss and sound quality due to the road noise?

I think the marketing department needs some unpaid days off  :thumbsdown:

They claimed they were heat resistant, and that the shell didn't have any rough edges that could "bind" inside your tape deck

Plus the word turbo just fits with cars

#11 hopey

hopey
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationMelb AU

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

It's funny what suckers we are for marketing. As long as the tape doesn't jam it any case will do. The quality of the sound has only one point of reference; the grade of tape stock. The best sound is from Type IV although you would be hard pressed to notice the difference to a Type II on a boombox.