Sharp GF 9696Z Belts change tips needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
No this one is not hard, I don't remember too much but I believe it's standard Sharp. Lift tuner dial, take out deck and flip it. Easy to work on.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Tips: Don’t loose the tiny washer that sits at the rear of the capstan. I always remove the tuner rear panel so the deck can be lifted straight up so it can be released from the record bar in an upward direction - reverse with reinstallation.

Ensure when you replace the 5mm capstan tubing that none of the tubing rubs on the bearing housing it sits within. Always apply a little machine oil to the bearing ensuring none of the oil gets to the tubing.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Tips: Don’t loose the tiny washer that sits at the rear of the capstan. I always remove the tuner rear panel so the deck can be lifted straight up so it can be released from the record bar in an upward direction - reverse with reinstallation.

Ensure when you replace the 5mm capstan tubing that none of the tubing rubs on the bearing housing it sits within. Always apply a little machine oil to the bearing ensuring none of the oil gets to the tubing.
Well said Jimmy,I've done this in my 9494,9696. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.