• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Katsa

Katsa
  • Members (SA)
  • 139 posts
  • LocationLousiana

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

Any one have any tips on how to change these belts, i hope its not overly hard?

#2 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

No this one is not hard, I don't remember too much but I believe it's standard Sharp. Lift tuner dial, take out deck and flip it. Easy to work on.

#3 davebush

davebush
  • Members (SA)
  • 309 posts
  • LocationSunny Blackpool. UK

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

Think i left my dial in place...just a long screwdriver for those 2 screws below the dial

#4 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

Tips: Don’t loose the tiny washer that sits at the rear of the capstan. I always remove the tuner rear panel so the deck can be lifted straight up so it can be released from the record bar in an upward direction - reverse with reinstallation.

Ensure when you replace the 5mm capstan tubing that none of the tubing rubs on the bearing housing it sits within. Always apply a little machine oil to the bearing ensuring none of the oil gets to the tubing.

#5 Ghettoboom767

Ghettoboom767
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,195 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Tips: Don’t loose the tiny washer that sits at the rear of the capstan. I always remove the tuner rear panel so the deck can be lifted straight up so it can be released from the record bar in an upward direction - reverse with reinstallation.

Ensure when you replace the 5mm capstan tubing that none of the tubing rubs on the bearing housing it sits within. Always apply a little machine oil to the bearing ensuring none of the oil gets to the tubing.

Well said Jimmy,I've done this in my 9494,9696. Works great.