GPO box feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I hope they keep making these they're bound to get cheaper over time I'll wait till they drop it off where I have a chance at one , I like it because it has a CD player as well as cassette , hell the trc 920 wasn't cheap ,I remember it cost almost twice as much as the TRC 931 new.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Yeah Floyd it seems they're very close to what would be an outstanding classic.
Still holding out hope their design crew comes here for advice on refinements :lol:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
You know the bad thing is companies like these pay a lot of money for research and development and ideas and basically they could get all that for free here

c bank

Member (SA)
Dec 4, 2017
Manchester UK
'Looks' quite authentic doesn't it ? I like the positioning of the CD player as not to spoil the retro look. With modern amplifier and speaker technology it has the potential to sound good. It states 40w max but meh ...

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
The price seems a little to high to be junky ,I'm sure somebody would complain about it if it was a total rip off . if I had the money i would buy one just to check it out lol.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Jimmy is right, at the £250 price point these would cost under 100 quid to make, this is not a lot for all the features.

I spoke to a guy who had purchased one on YouTube comments, he said it's very poorly built and the deck is very plasticy and stopped working after 6 weeks. Bluetooth is good and connects well but is not very powerful so doesn't get loud.

I have asked about a stockists near me so I can demo one.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Well it's the best-looking boombox on the market right now......aside from the tweeters that look like Mickey Mouse ears

Status
Not open for further replies.