SUPER STOKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
So, I needed to take my wife's car in for service. She asked her co-worker if he knew of a good repair shop. He recommends a local guy and I drive over to speak with him. His shop is half auto repair, half car stereo installation. The front desk is in the stereo shop and as I walk in, there is a wall of vintage stereo equipment. Before I even ask about the car, I ask if he repairs vintage stereo equipment he says "Yeah!". I ask, "Do you work on boomboxes from the 1980's?". He says "Sure". I said "Deck Rebelts?". He says "Yeah!".

I'm like....YOU GOT TO BE FARKING KIDDING ME!!!!! 11 minutes from my house here in Italy! :w00t:

So, I talk to him about the car, return to my house to fetch the car and also bring him my newly acquired Palladium I picked up in Germany.

IMG_20170821_143820.jpg

I returned to drop off the car and the Boombox!!!!

It's in for a deck rebelt and tune as well as having the switching buttons cleaned.

I told him "We're going to start off easy". He laughed. I said "Then we'll move into the more complicated jobs". :lol:

I can't freaking believe it. I don;t know what it's going to cost, but if his prices are reasonable, I'm going to send everything through this guys hands starting with all my high end decks!

IMG_20171127_102544.jpg

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
That's awesome hell I think its worth whatever it cost just to have a pro do it ,I'm tired of working on boxes and then they still don't work lol. **** it iwish I had somebody to work on mine.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Who would of thought, 10 mins from your house!!!!

Only you Chris would relocate halfway round the world and find that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JVC Floyd said:
That's awesome hell I think its worth whatever it cost just to have a pro do it ,I'm tired of working on boxes and then they still don't work lol. fark it iwish I had somebody to work on mine.
I hear ya on that. I have learned allot, but I have never perfected the rebelting process, speed adjustments and tuning of the decks and forget the logic decks. If you look at the units on that shelf, there is some solid goodies there! I think this guy knows his business. I'll be interested to see what it costs. I told him I had a ton of these (probably thought I was full of S**t), so if he keeps the cost reasonable, he'll get a ton of work out of me!

Northerner said:
Awesome find Chris! Even rarer than the boxes themselves!
That's not a joke. I have found a hundred radio's only a few repairmen!

T-STER said:
Who would of thought, 10 mins from your house!!!!

Only you Chris would relocate halfway round the world and find that :lol: :lol: :lol:
HA HA yeah man, that's crazy, and totally by accident! It only cost me a MAJOR repair on my wife's car :lol: :blink: :'-( :sad: :-/

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
If they put the whore house the liquor store and the stereo repair place on the same street I would be a happy man lol.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
JVC Floyd said:
If they put the whore house the liquor store and the stereo repair place on the same street I would be a happy man lol.
:w00t: :lol: :-P

Wow 10 to 11 minutes....That's excellent!!!! I have to drive 45 minutes. I dropped off my JVC TD-W354 (home audio dual cassette deck) 3 weeks ago for belts a rollers. Haven't heard a peep. At this point I'd be happy just to have it back by Christmas. I would love to only be 10 or 11 minutes from a repair shop

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Finding a good tech out there is priceless Chris, forget the cost lol...i would have 2 m90's as doorstops if it weren't for mine...worth more than any grail as there are so many cowboys out there, now get those boxes fixed buddy :thumbsup:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
JVC Floyd said:
The only tech I ever met reminded me of sonny the dodo bird so I never utilized his skills.
Good evening Floyd buddy, to be honest most of them are cowboys mate, my last guy totally scrapped an m90 for me and he was supposed to be a computer tech guy lol he placed the speaker magnet on top of the deck electronics and that was the end of that, he is lucky i didn't sue him but i couldn't be arsed and that's the m90 i gave away on here lad, least she went to a good home

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yeah I'm perfectly capable of ****ing them up myself ,leastwise I don't have to stomp somebody ass for doing it for me. I woulda crowned that dude with the ****ed up m90 he would be wearing it as a hat for a minute lol.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I kinda agree lad but life is to short, mind you if i hadn't had 3 of them i would have sent you around lol, im not boasting Floyd but i must be the only guy that has given 2 m90's away, i wounder if Skippy still has the one i gave him, sure hope so...all m90's are now keepers though, sure wish i had kept the dozen or so iv had, still no regrets lad :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JVC Floyd said:
ACTUALLY....There is a liquor store 2 doors down and since sex working (prostitution) is legal in Italy, I know of some girls that are working less than a mile away!

So, Yeah, your covered bro! :yes:

Transistorized said:
:w00t: :lol: :-P

Wow 10 to 11 minutes....That's excellent!!!! I have to drive 45 minutes. I dropped off my JVC TD-W354 (home audio dual cassette deck) 3 weeks ago for belts a rollers. Haven't heard a peep. At this point I'd be happy just to have it back by Christmas. I would love to only be 10 or 11 minutes from a repair shop
Back in Cali, I was driving from near Santa Barbara down to Anaheim, 3 1/2 to 4 hours one way to drop off a box through the worst traffic snarls in the world!

Rimmer36 said:
Finding a good tech out there is priceless Chris, forget the cost lol...i would have 2 m90's as doorstops if it weren't for mine...worth more than any grail as there are so many cowboys out there, now get those boxes fixed buddy :thumbsup:
WORD!!!!

As you know, I'm a decent tinkerer, but I would never open an M90 and try to work on the deck. Just beyond my skill set. We'll see how this guy does. Haven't heard anything on the car or the box yet.

redbenjoe said:
:w00t: :yes: :lol:

oh --and nice piece of luck for you Chris
Indeed!
Patron said:
congrats chris,
Thanks Hugo, long time no see brother!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Hell if I was there I would stop collecting boomboxes and start collecting hookers lol. Hey at least you know what they're that's why I love em . them foreign ones are the best as these domestic hag's are akin to the human dog food they serve at McDonald's.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
JVC Floyd said:
Hell if I was there I would stop collecting boomboxes and start collecting hookers lol. Hey at least you know what they're that's why I love em . them foreign ones are the best as these domestic hag's are akin to the human dog food they serve at McDonald's.
Find em. follow em, finger em, **** em, forget em lol

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JVC Floyd said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.