jvc rc-m90c boombox meter switch /stereo/mono switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newclairtone7980

Member (SA)
Oct 15, 2017
ontario
hi my jvc rc-m90c boombox switch problem ...stereo mono switch the switch works in fine tuneing radio station and in stereo you hear the sound louder in stereo.........when I record a tape the meters always swing when I listen to a tape they don't swing back and forth until I touch the switch then they work then stop same way with when I listen to radio station so I know the switch works ive clean it so what woud cause this I like seeing them swing all the time how to fix

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I had this problem. Works for a while, but always ends up needing more spray after a while. Pulled them off the PCB and disassembled them to clean all the gunk off the contacts. Works great now.

Newclairtone7980

Member (SA)
Oct 15, 2017
ontario
Newclairtone7980 said:
hi my jvc rc-m90c boombox switch problem ...stereo mono switch the switch works in fine tuneing radio station and in stereo you hear the sound louder in stereo.........when I record a tape the meters always swing when I listen to a tape they don't swing back and forth until I touch the switch then they work then stop same way with when I listen to radio station so I know the switch works ive clean it so what woud cause this I like seeing them swing all the time how to fix
Newclairtone7980 said:
here is the boombox that saved my jvc rc-m90 panasonic rx-dt 670 same volume pot but newer its from 1990s

Status
Not open for further replies.