• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Newclairtone7980

Newclairtone7980
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Locationontario

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:59 AM

hi my jvc rc-m90c boombox  switch  problem ...stereo  mono switch   the switch works  in fine tuneing radio station and in stereo  you hear the sound  louder in stereo.........when  I record a tape the meters always swing  when I listen to a tape  they don't swing back and forth  until I touch the switch then they work  then stop  same way with when I listen to radio station  so I know the switch works ive clean it so what woud cause this   I like seeing them swing all the time   how to fix 

#2 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:58 AM

Try cleaning the function switch

#3 caution

caution
  • Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

I had this problem. Works for a while, but always ends up needing more spray after a while. Pulled them off the PCB and disassembled them to clean all the gunk off the contacts. Works great now.

#4 Newclairtone7980

Newclairtone7980
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Locationontario

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:20 AM

hi my jvc rc-m90c boombox  switch  problem ...stereo  mono switch   the switch works  in fine tuneing radio station and in stereo  you hear the sound  louder in stereo.........when  I record a tape the meters always swing  when I listen to a tape  they don't swing back and forth  until I touch the switch then they work  then stop  same way with when I listen to radio station  so I know the switch works ive clean it so what woud cause this   I like seeing them swing all the time   how to fix 

here  is the boombox  that saved my jvc rc-m90      panasonic rx-dt 670    same volume pot but  newer its from 1990s