The case for legalizing pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Ahh yes the surfer life! I've spent several weeks in Fl.& Ca.living the good life but no surfing,just swimming and body surfing.😎

Radio-Active

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
NorCal Redwood Coast
Well,I live in the heart of Humboldt County,Cali. A name any stoner recognizes. And I can say that it definitely has not been good for the region to be known as the mecca for it. Environmental and cultural damage has taken it's toll. Not to mention the daily violence headlines.They estimated 10,000+ large grows in the county due to the "green-rush". Similar to the strip-mining of the 1849 Gold Rush. And come January,state legalization is expected to have huge effects on the local economy. Those 10,000 grows will be taken over by 10 huge corporations and moved to SoCal,where they won't need the protection of the Redwood forests and hills full of guns. Leaving the giant blackmarket workforce jobless and without skills. Our city council envisions an Amsterdam type tourist utopia,yet our streets are filled with far above average numbers of homeless and record OD's.
I could go on forever about the evils of large scale marijuana production. If every state could produce their own,then it wouldn't be a problem for one region.Especially the black market problems. We have estimated 25 million pounds produced annually,with estimated 5 million consumed in state(still illegal to transport).
I smoked for 30 years,but still look forward to the day I can go hiking without seeing booby-traps and diesel run-off in the Redwood National Forests. It sucks to see what's behind the curtain.
Just look at this link to our local craigslist,search for "215",hundreds of postings and it's likely got pesticides and mold on it or it would be sold as medical. Dangerous.
https://humboldt.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=215&sort=rel

That's why it should be legalized.

I miss just blazin' & boardin' with the gals!...lol

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Well, I for one will be looking into the oil. I'm hearing from people that I know personally and these are folks that were with that mentality of "Hell no would I do that"!! For example I know a semi-truck driver his son was a Marine in Iraq during the war. His Hummer stepped on a IED and the Hummer blew up. His son suffered from burns and paralyzed from the waist down. His father is very old school and does not believe in dope or people that are dopers. Well the VA helped his son to go under Cannabis treatment. His father was pissed as hell about that. His son gets a cream for his burns which contains THC and also gets smokable Cannabis and the oil to take orally. Months after my buddy telling me about his son situation he showed up and from a distance he had this big smile. He said "I've got good news my son is dating"!! I said to him "your son is not paralyzed anymore" if he's dating. I could tell this man was so relieved of sons illness. He looked at me and said "I'm a true believer" and "I hope more people would give it a chance because it works" Another semi-truck driver that I know a true Red-Neck that hates hippies he calls them "stoners". His wife suffers from Parkinson and always nagged him to get her into medicinal Cannabis. He would get upset at her. Finally she convinced him so he finally granted her what she wanted. He said to me when he saw her take her first puff he noticed her hands stopped shaking. He stood there feeling like a fool and hating himself for not doing this sooner. Now he a true Red-Neck is a believer.

This gives me hope for my condition which is bladder cancer and I'm on my second recurrence and unfortunately I will have recurrence for the rest of my life. Which really breaks my heart because I feel I haven't lived life enough. I'm hopeful that this might help me so I'm talking to my doctor to get me registered.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
My buddy told me his aunt asked for a joint when it was about her time to leave the world and he said he regretted not giving her one to this day .

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
used to love weed but in nearly killed me and turned me into a zombi lol so i say leave it banned

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
You can have this ****ing world just give me a cave a few Amazon women and a weed farm and I'll make out just fine lol. I'd rather die from weed and puzzy than have to work and deal with people I just wanna choke the shlt out of all in the name of survival , I would rather take my chances with the fuming dinosaurs. You ever notice as time goes by the amount of disease has skyrocketed? A hundred years ago much of this shlt didn't exist, now its like there's a new disease popping up daily. I also think doctors motherfukers sick when was the last time anybody stopped going to the doctor because they were declared completely healthy lol.

When I was a kid it wouldn't matter if we had the fuming plague our sorry ass doctors universal cure was dimetapp or robbitussin, what a piece of **** fuk em.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I hate this farking world too, most people only care about themselves and what they can get, i love the idea of a weed farm but i'll never do weed again, we used to deal kilos a week out of my house lol you could smell it a mile away lol...but in my case tt caused memory loss and severe depression and in the end it turned me into the walking dead which took me years to recover from...

what i would like is a bucket of tamarzipam but you can't get them in original form any more because of all the junkies :-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
The man made drugs are the worst and the most addictive and expensive but as long as the doctor says you need it you can have it . the doctors are the real drug dealers of the world and they are jealous because weed works better. Look on the average persons medicine cabinet , it looks like a drug store, my mom needs like 50 pills a day just to live I mean wtf is all that shlt anyway and its all white powder but yet has all these miraculous powers , what a bunch of bullshlt. I would rather have jack the ripper for a doctor than the last motherfukers I went to.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm sure every region has it's own type of 'smokers', but with the non-productive, 30yr olds living in mom's basement, barely hold down a minimum wage job, and blame the world for their problems people around here - I say keep it banned.

I agree with the medical aspects of physical healing and helping people with their mental health as well, but 90% of the people around here are just as I described.

So, how far do we decide to open the doors to people that actually NEED it and people that just WANT it?

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Look how many people were killed during prohibition when the criminals made billions of dollars off of illegal liquor , the average Joe was robbed blind by the mob and beaten/ shot if they didn't pay up. All this went on daily for years until the old useless motherfuckers repealed it .

Look at all the people who went to prison for smoking pot just to have it decriminalised later and there still in prison.

The biggest reason pot is illegal is because they cant control who grows it , now they can control who uses prescription drugs so they can control you , to keep you happy ,working,paying bills,buying useless ****,consuming,in debt,dependent on them,every day we live in a pop bubble full of bullshit where the stupid meaningless life's of celebrity's is more important than who's homeless , who sick , who's poor, and no matter how wholesome society sells itself it will always just be hypocrite s with wealth judging the lower class and hiding their own evil corrupt , perverted minds with fine clothes and fancy cars.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
If anything should be banned is alcohol and heroin. There are more people dying from alcoholism, heroin and pharmaceutical grade heroin.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/health/gupta-changed-mind-marijuana/index.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-a-12-year-old-girl-could-help-end-weed-prohibition-in-america/ar-AAtgQEr#image=AAtgQEr_1|2

I always ask people "have you ever tried it" and when they say no, then I would replied "then how do you know that it is bad".

I do agree on one thing it affects people differently most can tolerate the effects then others, but if that's the case where people draw the line then why are there less people against alcohol that has killed, raped and violently hurt more people under the influence.

Besides alcoholism there's another "EPIDEMIC" being mentioned more and more on the media and it is called Hydrocodone, Oxycontin etc....

Funny how people would put there trust more on the Pharmaceuticals just because.

Cannabis is plant not made by man as other drugs are.

I have been affected by cancer 4 times so far. Lost part of my intestine, lost my prostate and now my bladder might be an issue twice already okay! Pharmaceutical medicine has done nothing I still get recurrent cancer. If you had this disease you would have a different approach on cannabis.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
^ ford93, I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Best wishes to you and hope you continue getting the help you need. Cancer sucks.

There's a lot of hypocrisy out there. If you ask someone who's anti-weed if they drink, most of em say yes, you ask why do they drink, and they won't respond lol. Let's face it, alcohol is used to alter your mind or mood. Which is the same reason people use weed recreationally. Plus alcohol makes some people violent and abusive, unlike weed. And unlike weed it doesn't have any legitimate health uses I'm aware of. So why is it legal while weed isn't? Money and hypocrisy.

Next you'll get someone saying "well I enjoy wine because of the taste, not because of the alcohol".....Yeah right, if it didn't have alcohol would they still drink it? Didn't think so.

Oh and how about cigarettes, why is it legal for that industry to add more nicotine than what was already in the tobacco naturally? THAT'S the true scandal. But the government doesn't do anything about it because...... money.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Some of these comments crack me up lol, like legalising pot is gunna solve all the worlds issues, anyway each to there own i guess :-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Basically the only rights you have are the ones you can afford to buy.
The world is ****ed up.
The world has been ****ed up since the dawn of time.
The world will be ****ed up till the end of time.
Humans are ****ed up , always have been, always will be.
There's no freedom.
You are a slave from the moment you are born.
The only way to he happy is to have money and buy into the pop bullshit bubble the media sells.
The TV was designed to brainwash
and enslave and make people lazy
and make you throw money away on sports and entertainment ,the TV creates fashion trends and you follow like children.
The TV and the radio and the computer are your masters and you will spend all of your time and money trying to have and be what they tell you to be.but they can blame everything on weed lol.

I think scarface said it best.
The world needs bad guys so that people can point their filthy fuming fingers and say look at him he's the bad guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.