Another save - Hitachi TRK-9100W

Status
Not open for further replies.

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
Thanks guys - initial testing seems positive. FM reception is strong, equaliser works, volume etc not scratchy. I'll just need to find a source of belts to get the deck sorted and a good clean up.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I wish I had some Hitachi's , I always like the looks of that one , I love my 3 piece boxes and 4 and 5 piece boxes.

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
I've just got it stripped down this evening and cleaned the pots, sliders and record bar. A quick listen on headphones revealed a nice, solid sound on FM stereo so I'm hopeful the speakers will be the same.

Next thing is a soap bath for the front fascia and knobs, then a rebelt of the deck.

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
After a few days of doing other stuff, I got the Hitachi all cleaned up. I was going to re-belt the deck, but I had a reality check. My domestic supply of belts is now gone (used to be TradeTech in Auckland but they went under) and I have to order from WES in Ozzy.

I decided to forego the operational tape deck because a) I won't play tapes on it ever anyway and b) we needed a good sounding fairly portable box to pull FM stereo duties round the pool this summer and the Hitachi fits the bill perfectly. After a clean of all the sliders, pots, record bar etc it sounds really excellent and for a small box the sound really fills the pool area nicely :-)

Time for this little guy to have his summer of love !

Status
Not open for further replies.